Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 Post update - How

The process to update posts from X3 to X4 has changed slightly, here is something I do to get through it.

Post_01.png

Post_02.png

After completing all of the selections, press the Green Check and let it do its thing, then you'll have to go back in to do the posts

Post_03.png

After the posts information is set let it go again.

Post_04.png

Now you should run the update post utility, it WILL be necessary to use this at least.

Post_05.png

After clicking on the User Define App or hitting ALT+C choose the updatepost.dll

Post_06.png

You can only update one post at a time, so complete all of your selections for one and click the Blue Ball

Post_07.png

Guys, READ your logs, there is going to be some information in there many are going to need, so PLEASE pay attention to what is being output in these logs.

No problem Trevor.

To expand on what I posted above, for the more technical adept guys who are comfortable just copying and pasting, that can as well be done.

You can just manually copy everything and then use the post update.dll

It will depend I think on the end users computer comfort level.

I've just updated to X4, and ran all my posts thru the update post utility. I do see some #cnc errors in the posts now, but I know they are minor. I will be working on fixing them over the next few weeks on the side, but I get a

"Errors were detected during posting! Do you want to wiew the messages?" message after posting. Is there anyway to disable this message for now?

There is no way to disable the message except for fixing the errors. If we gave you the option to turn off the error, you would turn it off and forget you had errors and never fix them and then one day they will bite you and then someone will be screaming that we didn't tell them they had errors. frown.gif

If you are confident the errors are minor and not affecting your NC code. I strongly suggest getting them addressed soon though, because even if the error is in an area that doesn't affect your posting today, it very well may affect it one day based on your work, new jobs or even new employees wanting different output.

So far, every post we have dealt with here at CNC has had very simple mistakes and the fixes were very, very easy and the turn around back to the user quick. If you are comfortable with posts, give it a try. If not there are plenty of good post folks on this forum more than willing to help out. You can always contact your reseller or us directly if need be.

We are in the process of creating some supporting documentation to help alleviate some of the concern that has cropped up and to help make this update transition a little more manageable. We hope to have it available next week and will be sure to make it a sticky on the forum as well as get the information distributed through newsletters, our website, resellers, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a few days old Tom but I hope you did go ahead and try it. NO there are no issues beyond what may be seen in X3 posts, other than that all updates of X2 posts have been otherwise uneventful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,all

I have a question,can you help me??

if scomm blank then output "UNDEFINED OPERATION"

pls help me ,Thanks

see code:

pcomment2 #Comment from manual entry

scomm$ = ucase (scomm$)

if gcode$ = 1006 | gcode$ = 1026, scomm$

else,

[

if scomm$ <> sblank,

[

*sopen_prn, "OPERATION ", 35 , *op_cnt, " ", scomm$, *sclose_prn

]

else,

[ # ------here here if scomm = sblank

*sopen_prn, "OPERATION ", 35 , *op_cnt, " ", scomm$ + *snullop, *sclose_prn # *snullop = "UNDEFINED OPERATION"

]

]

if gcode$ <> 1007 & gcode$ <> 1026, e$

banghead.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you update when you don't have an X4 folder. I have X3 and X3 backup. Do I just select the control def and machine def from the backup folder and update to the X3 folder? I tried copying the config folder from the backup folder to the X3 folder using windows and my toolbar states came in properly but I got an error, so I switched it back to the way it was. I forget what it said.

Edit; I figured it out, thanks anyway. cheers.gif

[ 03-18-2010, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Tim Pruett ]