Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 Demo version.

neil qwerty

Neil,

the demo version is for learning at home..

you intend to use it at work for an industrial purpose..which is not the intent of the demo license.

In your case, the cheapest solution would be to

put all your seats on a nethasp and install

a full seat of Mastercam on your shop floor computer.. as long as all three seats weren't in use in the office, the guys on the floor would

have access to Mastercam .. and you wouldn't have to buy another seat.

The X4 Demo Is free... With the purchase of Mastercam U or Streaming Teacher. I've yet to get an answer for the price of just the product. The HLE version can post, but it can not communicate with any machine, or save the post so it can be transfered to a machine via Thumb drive.

Jay Kramer:

The Previous Demos Were Very Limited. As you of all People should know considering you you train it. I hope Your Very Happy With HLE or are You still Training in X?

quote:

the demo version is so the operator on the floor can open up the file and view the program if he needs to. Saves him bothering the programmers and he gets a better understanding of how the block is processed.

HLE will open your mcx files that were created on your industrial seats. So yes you can use the HLE on the shopfloor so the guys can view the tool path motion in both back plot and verify. They can view (and manually edit) the g-code program with notepad or some other editor. HTH

At a previous job we had only one seat of Mcam, when that seat was being used and somebody needed to make a measurement of something or whatever we had another computer with the demo version installed, it worked great and it also prevented less 'knowledgable' guys from mistakingly saving over something. I guess Mastercam has caught onto this with X4 in regards to the 4 - 6 month uses and see the potential $$$ they could be making by forcing shops to buy a design seat just to measure a couple things.

The intent of X4 demo is to provide potential customers with a working copy to evaluate

and mastercam students a copY they can use at home.

CNC Software did not create it to give industrial

users a free tool. It might be a good idea to actually read the X4 demo licensing agreement.

[ 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

quote:

The intent of X4 demo is to provide potential customers with a working copy to evaluate

and mastercam students a copt they could use at home.

CNC Software did not create it to give industrial

users a free tool. It might be a good idea to actually read the X4 demo licensing agreement.

G-code,

With all due respect that is not what CNC Software told me.

Take my advice and find out for yourself.

In my opinion the HLE is a great idea for home learning. There should also be an industrial viewer available to anybody with no licensing. This is a common feature of nearly all CAD/CAM software.

quote:

With all due respect that is not what CNC Software told me.

what did they tell you..?? if you don't want to

say it publically please email..

Common sense says they made demo as a sales and eductaion tool headscratch.gif

If I'm wrong ... I'm wrong.

X4 demo is a whole different animal than something like the free SolidWorks viewer as opposed to SolidWorks Educational, which is restricted from industrial use.

Sorry to jump in so late. SCC1 I had all ready tested out the Demo last week on another box about the posting. you can save the file being an EMCX file and post on the true educational version.

As the ED version and dealer sims can open the EMCX files.

And Yes I am still teaching. I am teaching X4 for last month plus.

It seem you know me outside the board send an email and say Hi.

quote:

It might be a good idea to actually read the X4 demo licensing agreement.

I agree G. All users should read and comply with the license agreement when installing the HLE, or any other version of software for that matter. What can be done with a piece of software may not be allowed within the terms of the license agreement.

A person might notice that there is other documentation on the HLE DVD in addition to what is stated in the license agreement.