Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Vrs Okuma

ATG

quote:

be sure to get the DNC-B option or the p-200 controller

DNC-B is drip feed. Drip feed is not required on a P200, You can run the files in S method which does the same thing. DNC-DT is a better option. This will allow you to run the files in B-method. Also Super-nurbs is a good option to have but if the budget does not allow for it go for at least HI-CUT pro.

quote:

15000 RPM SPINDLE

32 TOOL ATC

THROUGH SPINDLE COOLANT PREP

M CODES 4 SPARE

AUTO GAUGING - RENISHAW

GAUGING I/F ( WHAT IS THIS )

3D TOOL OFFSET

NC-3 LASER TOOL SETTER

DNC-DT 100 W/10BASE 5 CONNECT

THROUGH SPINDLE COOLANT 15KG/CM2 WHATS THE PRESSURE

SUPER NURBS TYPEA

E100 CONTROL

CHIP PAN

4TH AXIS INTERFACE

CHIP CONVERYOR

That is a nice spec, You will be happy with that, Just make sure that get the correct brand 4th axis for your interface if you intent to get a 4th axis as they are not generic

quote:

Don't have Super Nurbs though, I'm not really sure what that is.

Super nurbs is the high speed machining function with all the bells and whistles

We have 3 mazaks total. On a scale of 1-100 I would rate our experience at an 85. Support will be different in every area and I can appreciate the view of others but Mazak has lots of machines in the world making lots of customer happy.

The major issue I had was: we ordered network ability but it took us a few years after warranty to set it up. When doing so the card we paid for was not in the machine and they said they it was per the machine build check list. So they want us to pay for it twice which is total bs.

As I said, we are now focused on Mori but that comes at a higher price

quote:

Super nurbs is the high speed machining function with all the bells and whistles

How much better/different is that than the Hi-Cut option?

I use Hi-Cut once in awhile.

I wonder how much that option costs, maybe I can convince the boss to get it biggrin.gif

Wow I would say the overwhelming majority would be Okuma. They ran a renishaw ball bar test yesterday. .00023 out of round on an 8inc rad @40ipm and .00032 in the Z axis. I guess that sounds pretty good, but @ 40 ipm is this a standard test, Are these results good or bad?

Also lets not forget the Okuma is used 2005

The Mazak is 2009 model still on the dealers floor.

quote:

Am I warm Chris?

Yes, yes you are. If I had any pictures of the POS 300SY we had, I would make up a FAIL poster of my own.

Here's a thread I found from back in the day:

Mazak sucks

The machine went back on the trailer not too long after this following a very contentious battle regarding who owed whom what for what. My favorite quote from that era was the Mazak "applications engineer" looking at our print and saying 'pffffft....we'll have that part going in a half hour.' [2] years later I was very interested in when that half hour was to start.

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

ROFLMAO...

I don't like to quote a time getting a job running production until I can thoroughly evaluate the part, tolerances, setup, etc...

Still, I hate doing it. At least on tight tolerance parts. You just never know how the part is going to react when you put a tool to the material. No part is ever running in a half hour. It takes that long to set up a tool (from opening the container for the holder, to opening the insert container, to touching it off and everything else in between).

What a maroon.... ROFL.... EPIC FAIL!!!!!

quote:

The Integrex was sold to do a job and typical Mazak, it couldn't.

Yeah... I have the same problem with Toyoda... it was sold to do a job and typical Toyoda, it couldn't.

I remember Chris' deal with that Integrex. One thing I totally agree with Chris about is the downfall and crappy sales "engineers" and apps guys that are in the business. Not just for Mazak but it's some kind of plague for all MTBs... I know our Integrexes don't have the issues Chris had and can hold the true positions that he was looking for all day long.

Funny how the world works...

The only thing to do there is do what he did... get the anchor out of there...

quote:

[2] years later I was very interested in when that half hour was to start.

quote:

What a maroon.... ROFL

I've made that comment many times before with factories.... and yes, maroon...