Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro.

cormigu

Macros can take many forms. Application macros repeat tedious operations. Keyboard macros record keystokes for repetitive tasks. For CNC machines, macros are conditional events controllers used to pass information within the control. Macros for Touch Probes or Tool Setting Probes are actually a series of subprograms that use conditional events to control/pass output of the probe results.

• 2 years later...

I have a few macro programs that is using an offset that our archaic equipment cannot handle, I also have ordered the Peter Smid CNC Custom Macro book, although I am looking for some pointers prior to receiving the book. I am looking to engrave 4-digit Julian Dates and 7-digit serial numbers, although the Macro uses offset 199 and our machines only reach 99. Is this an easy correction/repair?

Thank you in advance.

Its hard to say without seeing how its using the variable #99 most machines have local variables below 100 .. common variables in the 100 - 199 range and Global Variables in the 500's and up..

Dont think I have seen one with a variable 99 so without seeing the program its a bit hard to say..

Depends on your system setup. If you join a domain server with set permissions for stuff, then you may not be able to do anything. If it's a stand alone PC, then you can usually go into your e-mail settings and set it to prompt for what to do when MACRO Programs are encountered.

Machine Tool MACRO programs are loosely similar to BASIC programming language. Many computer systems see these commands and block them.

left coast lefty - your talking about the macro's within mastercam for recording / playback of commands in mastercam for commonly used tasks, the thread is mainly dealing with machine tool programs using macro B style programming..

Anyhow based on the message (which I also get on my win7 64 system) I am assuming the only workaround would be to go back to XP.. (or perhaps windows 8 maybe??) im guessing here but I am assuming that due to how they have tigtened security in win7 it breaks the functionality of macros within mastercam

left coast lefty - your talking about the macro's within mastercam for recording / playback of commands in mastercam for commonly used tasks, the thread is mainly dealing with machine tool programs using macro B style programming..

Anyhow based on the message (which I also get on my win7 64 system) I am assuming the only workaround would be to go back to XP.. (or perhaps windows 8 maybe??) im guessing here but I am assuming that due to how they have tigtened security in win7 it breaks the functionality of macros within mastercam

I was thinking since this is a Mastercam forum, the thread starter saw it in the menu which promped the question. As far as going back to XP- Mastercam 7 will no longer support XP. So no more macros in Mastercam?