Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Spacepilot

BenK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an obsolete/unsupported product.. but it runs fine on my Win7x64 box at home..

The last time I tried to download drivers for it, I had to set up an account..but once I did, I've had no trouble downloading drivers

quote:

It's an obsolete/unsupported product..

It still is being sold by Cd Connexion, my old 3d Travler they don't offer anymore but they had drivers for it for my laptop running Win7 64 and works great and the same for my space pilot and of course my Space Pilot Pro.

They also have drivers for Win 7 for the space Navigator that I have to.

The Space Pilot is used with your left hand at the same time a traditional mouse is used with your right hand.

The Space Pilot allows you to zoom, pan, and spin the screen in most CAD CAM programs in an extremely precise and efficient way. It is as if you can reach into the screen and twist your model around with your hand.

This ease of positioning allows the CAD CAM user to stay more focused on the task at hand because there is no interruption to zoom in or out or otherwise reposition the part on screen. The Space Pilot very rapidly becomes a device you cannot live without.

At this price the unit will easily pay for itself with time savings within the first month.

Check it out here...

3D Connexion

Another advantage is it greatly reduces the workload on your mouse hand.

If you've got a sore mouse wrist or fingers after hard day's programming a 3D device can be a big help as all the model manipulation work is moved to the left hand.

[ 05-10-2010, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

I'm a huge believer in the Space Pilot. I really think CNC Software should peddle these things to their users. It completely transforms the way the software operates.

Anybody who works with complex surfaces, and is constantly selecting check and drive surfaces, NEEDS a Space Pilot. Working without it is just throwing money away.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

ANY Programmer not using one may as well be working with one hand tied behind their back.

In the V9 and earlier days, they were a PITA, but with X..., it's well worth whatever the cost is. It will pay for itself in a project or two depending on the model you buy. I refuse to work without one.

JM2C

When you type all day, you will know the difference. Standard cap and rubber dome key buttons wear out over time because you bottom out the keys when typing. With the filco, the keys will "click" before you bottom them out, thus over time training you how to type without mashing. Basic cap/dome only have a cycle life of 10000 key presses while cherry switches have a life of 250000 key strokes. You get improved typing times and you have less finger fatigue. Plus it's the best feeling keyboard ever. I swear, I could prolly kill a guy with this thing. I got mine when they were still made of aluminum biggrin.gif