Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The New eMastercam

Webby

While emastercam.com has become home in some ways to many of its users, even the best of homes can benefit from renovations. We’re looking to give eMastercam a fresher look, add new functionality and to make it more user friendly.

We have a fairly long list of things we would like to accomplish but we’re sure there are other ideas we haven’t thought of yet. Part of this change will be a switch in forum software and possibly hosting.

We will make every effort to port over accounts, and posts that currently exist on the forum.

We are looking at a late summer launch date.

For many, eMastercam is a free added resource for support collaboration, as well as a general communication tool for the larger Mastercam community. We want to thank those that use it extensively by giving back – we want to provide a more expansive and up to date set of resources that will benefit all users.

We would also like to take this opportunity to hear how we might make eMastercam work better for you.

- Is there anything about eMastercam that you positively cannot live without?

- Is there anything that you cannot stand?

- What do you find works but could be made better?

- Is there something we could add that would make your life easier?

- Any other comments are definitely appreciated!

Please direct all suggestions to [email protected]. Thanks for your continued support!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to answer some questions for webby

Pretty much all the forum subsections will remain the same. Might amalgamate a couple of them.

Might make a "General Machining" section.

quote:

Also, is there a way that 'turn off signature photos' could be added as an option?

Yep!

quote:

I can't live without the white text and black background color.

Haha, I kind of feel the same way. We're going to make every effort to keep the 'feel' the same, but make it, much, much nicer.

In that, there will be 'skins' for the site, and one of them will be "Classic eMastercam"

So if you want to change it off that, sure. If you don't like something else, switch it to back.

quote:

Embedded you tube videos

Yes - but we're hoping to take it a step further than that

quote:

Add an imageboard.

Bandwidth permitting!

quote:

Please resurect everyone from the Memorial Forum

That's a warming thought - this forum especially will be looked after

quote:

Bandwidth permitting!

If cost of hosting is the issue... And since this is most definitely the best support tool CNC Software has available...

Perhaps CNC Software could foot the bill for bandwidth ?

To me it seems like a bargain whatever the cost because imagine the implications of everybody trying to get support directly from CNC Software instead of here... They'd have to hire a dozen more people to answer e-mails.

Guest Tyler Yanta

Thanks for all the feedback already guys!

As mentioned in the original post, we are open to looking at new hosting solutions. Anyone have any good suggestions? There are a couple potentials in mind...

Guest Tyler Yanta

I wouldn't rule out using US based hosts at all. But if there are good Canadian suggestions to look at, we're all ears. Perhaps the preference would lie on this side of the border simply from a billing perspective.

Guest Tyler Yanta

I personally like Hannon's idea the best. It's been on my list for a while. cool.gif

quote:

Whats your traffic like? Do you use load balancers/accelerators? GB per month? Do you own the servers and are just looking for a place to throw them? Database?

Have to get back to you on that. Even so, while these numbers would provide a good baseline, we'll be potentially requiring much more bandwidth for the new site.

To my knowledge, we do not use any load balancers or accelerators but I'm not IT.