Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why is it that....

gms1

...when I am working on a program and click on the parameters tab then immediately close the parameters page it makes my operation dirty only in some files??? (even after I reload the machine definition for the umpteenth time)

...when I copy 2 toolpaths from 1 machine group with a 3/8 spotdrill and a 1/4 drill to a new machine group I end up importing SOME/ALL of the tools from the machine group those 2 operations came from only in some files???? (even after I reload the machine definition for the umpteenth time)

Sorry folks continue with your regularly scheduled program.

/frustration off

Hey guys, took a long weekend to chill out smile.gif . Yes, I know the escape button works to not make my ops dirty. I had just broke down the problem to the simplest form.

Usually, all I do is add a comment to the toolpath and exit the toolpath, which makes it dirty. The fact that just opening and closing a toolpath makes the op dirty was wearing on me last week smile.gif

Yup, it's quite annoying when all you do is add a comment and then dirty it is. It was explained to me that MC see's the adding of text as a hard change and makes it dirty. Never paid much attention, but I wonder if it only happens when you add text and not change it? I've always just canceled (red X) if I don't change anything, and the op doesn't go dirty.

You can also double click the text

on the OPs Manager's main page

and edit it there without even opening

the operation.

The op never goes dirty if you do this

and its a good way to avoid the dreaded lag

if all you're doing is modifying the

operation comment.

Well, What's been working for me is....

I started to uncheck the associative box in the view manager for each new view.

Also I never associate view with the creation geometry.

Unless I absolutely have too.

Ever since I started doing that I pretty much never get dirty toolpaths unless I change something in the parameters.

Even when opening and closing the file or changing construction planes.

Hope this helps...