Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

apply button (blue plus) question

Chris Rizzo

Let's say in a toolpath you change a few parameters. I've always just green checked out upon completion, or clicked onto the next page or field. Never really use the blue plus apply. Hitting it is just another step anyways. A few rare occurrences I've had parameters not stick, and I believe it might be related to this. Anyone else have rhyme or reason with using/not using blue plus?

quote:

In another CAM package, pressing Apply actually started to process your toolpath while the dialog was still on the screen

That seems sketchy, if your still in the parameters you have every opportunity to change more fields...and thus the toolpath you get isn't necessarily what you've got set.

Kunfuzed,

Sorry.... to clarify, I meant that I hope the button would once again work as originally intended, not that Mastercam used to work in that way.

Chris,

If I remember rightly you would get a warning/alarm if you tried to change something if the toolpath was generating in the background. I didn't spend a lot of time with it tho and it was a good five years ago!

As multi threading works now, a tool path can be processing in the background and you can go into the parameters for said tool path and change stuff. No warning. The obvious result is you get a tool path that is not what the current settings/parameters are. Always thought that was weird and certainly required a user to be aware of that.

Ok. Say you copy a toolpath and want to change the plane field which i do many times so i dont pick all my options again. I can just change the plane and repick geo. Seems much faster too me. especially for chamfering cycles or spotting.

So if you want to change the linking perameters and you want to do so by picking the z position on your model then unless you click the update blue cross then it will give you the incorrect z position that would correspond to a defferent plane. Unless you click the green check and then reopen the toolpath. but if you dont want to close then open again you must click the blue cross.

Most other casses you dont need it. But in this case it is needed.

Im pretty sure thats how it works. Correct me if im wrong because im at home and i cant test out my theory.