Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please post here if you are new to the Forum

Webby

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I've been using Mcam since it was Dos based and so far I have been able to machine everything the engineers have thrown at me. Went to read some of the posts and I noticed a thread about the virtues of one cad/cam system vs Mcam. While I was tempted to get into the mix, I declined because of what I felt were strong egos and biased opinions. I hope people realize that Mastercam is called masterCAM and is not a one button solution for all combined engineering and machining activites. I have used several other systems over the years and have found Mcam to be a "manual camera" instead of an "auto focus" camera. I prefer the large amount of tweakability in the system to be a great asset to the realization (I assume) of manufacturing's commom goal: to manufacture.

I am a self taught machinist and have been using MC since version 6. I teach machine tool technology part time and program CNC wire EDM (Fanuc, Brother, and mitsubishi) full time. The EDM application is relatively new to me and I have been trying to work the bugs out of 8.1 wire. Hopefully this forum will help.

Hi everyone, been lurking this forum for a while now, never really have time to contribute much. New resolution - Start Contributing!

I'm 26 years old and work for a independant machine shop that manufactures tire molds for the rubber industry. Our customers include all the "biggies" Goodyear, Bridgestone/Firestone, Cooper, Pirelli, Continental/General, etc..... We use 2.5,3,4, and 5 axis milling to machine the various parts of the mold assemblies. We just purchased a Hermle C800U for our simultaneous 5Axis work and are using NCCS's NCL software for that - Not MCAM - needed more "power". I still love my Mastercam for 85% of what I do.

I first began using Mcam Ver5.0 while attending Ohio University in 1993. I started interning where I currently work in 1994 running a Sunstrand OmniMill 5Axis machine putting lettering in the sidewalls of the tiremolds in the summer. When I graduated from OU in 1997, I continued working full-time and chose MCAM as my lifeblood. Been using it everyday for almost five years now and we've made some interesting stuff with it.

Glad to be a part of the forum!

Hello, I'm new here as most are in this thread. The company i work for is located in trenton, new jersey. we are a custom plastic injection mold shop/ molder, and also have our own pvc fence product line. i started as a mold maker apprentice right out of tech school/high school 4 years ago. i recently made the switch to being a cnc programmer about 4 months ago. i had very little cnc experience and i still learing the ins and outs of the computer world, so i'm looking forward to learning as much as i can here in the forum. -thanks, bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I work for EMT International, were located in Green Bay WI, USA.

EMT designs and manufactures systems and accessories for the printing, converting, and paper industries.

We also took on a new product line recently, core holding. EMT bought the product line from Deublin company.

Deublin company manufactures rotary unions, machine tool manufactures use rotary unions for through

Spindle coolant.

I have been using Mastercam for about 2 years now and just recently updated to v8.1.

Great job Mastercam.

I think this forum is a great idea and I am hoping to be able to share some advise and tips.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Rory Reinhold ]

Hello all,

My name is Tim Ellis and I work for Specialty Machine, a shop just north of Austin, TX. We used to do mostly semi-conductor work, but now we are infiltrating the oil field area. I have been using MC for about 4 years. I am looking forward to exchanging info with you all.

Good Day,

Tim smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, I live and work in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. I am one of two cnc programmers for a local furniture manufacture. We left NC Polaris and went to Mastercam V6 several years ago and have been using Mastercam ever since, we are currently running V8. We have eleven cnc machines running 24/5 and are currently negotiating our first 5 axis. I will be the one who post more questions than answers.

Greetings from Wisconsin. I work as a toolmaker for the eighth largest injection molding company in the U.S., based in Germantown, WI. (#81 of Wisconsin's top 100 companies). Or is it #82?

I have found Mastercam to be useful for less complicated work. I look forward to exchanging info here. CNC Software has had a BBS for years, but it contained little in the way of useful information.

• 5 months later...

Hey!! I've been reading this forum for so long now, never got around to comunicate with you guys.

Looking forward to learning from your experiences, and maybe getting help from you with my problems.

I'm located in Honduras, C.A. and my company specializes in injection and blow molds for the plastics industry. We have been using Mastercam since v5.5.

Hello all, i've been using mastercam since ver 5.0 loved all versions , my friend and i started our own shop in april last year, www.3d-machine.com ,3d-machine ,inc.We are a job shop,we hae made some pretty narley 4th axis parts, done a lot of 3d parts.worked with all inds of materials from plastics to 15-5 stainless p20 tool steel's etc.we have a haas vfo with 15,000 rpm spindle (love it).haas vf3 and haas sl20 with a bar feeder, and manual machines too.we use ver 8.1.1 l3 with solids.we highly recomend solids to all mastercam users.

Hi , All!

My name is Alex and I am using Mastercam from ver 5.5 ,from ver7 in the everyday manner.

Here in Israel Cimatron is dominant and I am on

permanent fight to stay with Mastercam .

Cimatron is very powerful program but for me Mas-

tercam simply rocks!

I am working at moulds production never ruined no job ,never had a job that I was not able to do,

and I am the self-educated user.

Masrercam RuLeZ biggrin.gif !!!