Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wanted - Mastercam Programmer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live about 4 miles from Tri-Tech.

Housing costs are very high.

A friend just listed his 2 bedroom 40 year old

termite eaten track house for $350K.

His agent says thats a little low.

I wish I didn't like my current job so much.

4 mile drive vrs 28 mile drive confused.gif

[ 11-20-2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Tri-Tech,

Dont make any decisions until you see my resume, I will e-mail tonite. Have been programming since 1988 on Aerospace structural components, mainly C-17 products. Know MasterCam since V5., also have used Unigraphics, NCL, and some CATIA.

About housing prices, last year i was sued for backing out of deal to sell my house at $270K. Now it is on market again at $360K, with 2 offers to choose from.

WAIT JUST A SECOND!!! At $20 an hour how on earth do people make ends meet out there? Do they just sit at home in the dark with no T.V., no heat or air, no food in the fridge? Becouse I know I make between 20 and 25 and hour, have 2 kids and a wife and I barely make ends meet.

Well I can only speak for myself here but I grew up in Iowa and I watched the news and saw 36° for Des Moines and then I saw 77° for San Jose today.

Couple other things I like here are the mountains and the ocean both of which Iowa doesn't have.

I could go on and on, but so could others about the not so good things here. Freedom of choice is a great thing about being American.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...why on earth are there millions of people living there?

Ask yourself that question on New Year's Day when the largest part of the country is either icy, snowing, really cold, or all of the above, and you're watching the Pasadena Rose Parade seeing people in shorts.

The weather here averages 75-80. We usually have two seasons, Summer and Spring with about a month of winter if we're lucky.

My boys play Baseball year round, which means when Division 1 schools are handing out Baseball and Football scholarships, kids from the south-east and southwest are getting most of them.

JM2C

I'm from Colorado

I was discharged from the service in California

in November.

My first day back home, a snowplow buried my car.

I dug it out and went inside for a cup of coffee.

When I came back outside the snowplow had been by again.

I dug my car out and drove back to California.

End of story tongue.gif

quote:

...why on earth are there millions of people living there?

James has it right. There just ain't nothing like it. I've never visited the French Riviera but it can't be any better. My 54 year old neighbor goes surfing nearly every day, the local Parade of Lights in the Marina is in a couple of weeks(Christmas lights decorating boats), I played beach volleyball year around for years, and if you get to visit be sure to take a walk on the Venice Beach boardwalk any weekend for some of the most fun you'll ever see!! cool.gif

Now with that said, the REALLY sad mad.gif news is my shop is closing and moving to Chicago!!! Three of us here are making the move because Wilson made it attractive enough that we have to!!! smile.gif The move will be at the end of Feb.

Anybody have info on Elk Grove Village?? I think Tony liked some pizza there.

BerTau smile.giffrown.gifsmile.giffrown.gifsmile.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I definitely love that year round baseball. Can't beat it. I've been all over the US in all the seasons and Southern California's climate is by far the best overall, maybe Hawaii beats it but there's not many jobs there. Sure we have earthquakes but everywhere has something be it Tornadoes(sp?), Hurricanes, Monsoons, Cyclones, etc...