Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wanted - Mastercam Programmer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Snow, Ice Storms, Mosquitos..."

Hey Andrew, it sounds like you've been to WI.

Around here $100k to $200k will get you a real nice, new or almost new 3bd/2ba home. $200k-$300k will get you almost everything you want. $300k+...now your just bragging.

I love visiting CO and AZ, but I'll stay here.

In WI we have Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and DEER SEASON (which starts in 18 hours). Any hunters out there? Have fun...be safe...bag the big one!

ScottyB.

Elk Grove Village is a nice place to live. Little loud if you are not use to airplanes flying 1000 feet above. Just as expensive as California. New houses start at $250.000-$300.000 within 15 mile radius from Elk Grove Village. Great schools if you have kids, but the traffic will kill you. I work with a guy who lives in Schaumburg (21 miles from work)and it takes him 2.5 hours to get home at 5pm. Lots of Polish peaple live in that neighborhood. The good news is that you will be in the area where there is more machine shops than any other business. There is always work around here.

[ 11-22-2002, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: beav700 ]

In this case, you should be fine. All the cars always go into downtown in AM and out in PM, so you shouldn't have any problems. Still , it's 25 mile drive. If you single or without kids like I am downtown is great, but with family I wouldn't recommend it. I live at 31 floor right on the lake in 41 story apartment building with swimming pool on the top. I've been here for 19 months and those 19 months are the best in my life. I lived in a small town before so it was a big change for me. From nothing to do, to too many things to do. There is more restaurants here than any other place on this planet. You get all the shows, parades, concerts you can think of. You walk out in the street like Belmont at 3am and there is more people out there than at 3pm. Parking a car anywhere is almost impossible so we walk everywhere or take cabs (roughly $6 per ride). The best place to live is on the north side of downtown right by the lake (up to five miles from the lake) . It's expensive but very clean. You will not find a cigarette bud on the streets or sidewalks. I pay $995 rent + $130 for heated car garage which is in the basement. Heat, water, pool, gym is included. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll let you know where is the best place to live and where not to live. I live at Belmont and Lake Shore Dr. so I know the area really good.

Pretty pictures, you certainly live in a good place.

I just wonder about one thing, beav700. How long would it take to download those pictures on a 56K modem? Not to speak of a slower modem?

Providing a link to a website where the pictures could be seen would possibly have been a better idea, then only those who wanted to see them would have to download them.

BerTau,

Not meaning to throw any negativity into this subject; please be aware that Chicago is both beautiful and very dangerous as well.

I would strongly suggest that if you do make this move, that you immediately replace the California plates on your car with Illinois plates – any deviation from the norm will make you a target for the unscrupulous; two blocks off the beaten path is very dangerous, you will know this immediately. frown.gif

There are many places in Chicago that you will not frequent (Ever) – especially after dark; even the police know, respect, and avoid many areas – not meant to frighten or to cause alarm over the anticipated move, this is only meant to enlighten you and your spouse. – did you know that a team of professionals can strip an entire car within three minuets, right there in full public view - with you in it? eek.gif

quote:

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll let you know where is the best place to live and where not to live. I live at Belmont and Lake Shore Dr. so I know the area really good.

Beav700 has put this mildly, for your family’s safety, please follow his advice; I have been there twice and have left there twice – I will not be returning any time soon; traffic in Chicago is unimaginable, unimaginable – yes, I said this twice! wink.gif

Regards, Jack

Let's send Bertau off propperly I'll buy the first round cheers.gif **Sometime in Feb.**

quote:

Three of us here are making the move because Wilson made it attractive enough that we have to!!! The move will be at the end of Feb.

Hi Jack:: If a guy can take a walk at night on the Venice Beach boardwalk, he is prepaired for any city.

[ 11-25-2002, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

quote:

You have'nt enjoyed life until you've been on a 250 HP Snowmobile flying up a hill at 100 MPH!!!!

Bring on the snow!!!!!

250hp You must have a ton of money tight up in high performance parts!!! My sled only has 140hps

stock and its one of the bigger ones.

I agee with ya, no bigger thrill then gliding across the snow at 100mph

• 2 weeks later...