Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPMASTER FOR V9.1

TheePres

I use Excel to do our set up sheets, as far as for tool lists, part numbers and what not. And then of course a relative picture from MasterCAM showing how the part is machined. Let me know if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to e-mail you a blank one.

Slick, I think you hit a chord here. I would also like to take a look probably with many others. Could you maybe post it on the ftp? Thanks in advance. Has anyone created a .set file that will output a file that can be imported into excel. This is something I have always wanted to do... think of the possibilities.

Thanks again,

Alrighty then, I went ahead and put it in the ftp file : ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Ma...isc/SetupSheets

If there are any problem let me know. Just acouple o' quick tips. The tabs on the bottom show a "set up sheet", as well as a "tool list" tab. As you'll be able to tell by left clicking on either, the screen will show which ever on you select. If you right click on either on, you can rename the tab, as well as copy them (creating new tabs). I keep a blank one at the beginning, both set up sheet and tool list, and when a new part comes up, I copy both forms and place them where the numeric value should land on my list, rename them, and wala, I have one Excel file that logs, traks, lists all of my production jobs. Take a look, edit it if you want, and I'd love to hear some feedback on if anyone chose to use it.

Have a look at my reply to this post. It will be using Access instead of Excel. This way I can automate it and keep everything tidy in one file. In short, you will open a file posted with a special .set file from within Access, and it will fill in all the blanks for you. Then you will select a picture that you pre-created. (This will probably be linked and automated as well when we get access to VBS in MC).

HTH

'Rekd

[ 03-17-2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

My life has, in the past 10 to 15 years, gotten better each year. This year was better than all of them combined. As you know, we've been trying for over 4 years for this, got it wrong 3 times, and the final results were nothing short of spectacular.

My wife has been very good to me so far, I not once went on a midnight ice-cream and potato chip run. And the sleepless nites are few and far between. He's usually quiet, unless you don't feed him promptly.

And although he hasn't figured out how to use a clutch yet, he does love the sound of my bike. And with the right font and color scheme, Chantz is going to look real good on the back of his leathers as he's setting track records at Laguna Seca and Willow. eek.gif

'Rekd

Rekd,

Have you finished the MS Access DB?

I'm quite skilled in Acess and have made many DBs.

I'd very interested in seeing it when finished, I could also maybe help with your DB if you need some help. Are you linking the data from the MC file directly or dumping out a CSV file and linking to that?

Right now I have two DBs for NC/MC file stuff. One to keep track of programs for Mill and one for EDM. The mill db points to the CAD file and NC file and the Wire DB keeps take of the # of tools made and a $ amount and such you can open the NC file, CAD file and MC file from the DB.

Please keep us/myself informed.... smile.gif

Brent

Brent,

quote:

Are you linking the data from the MC file directly or dumping out a CSV file and linking to that?

I've modified a setup sheet template to output the tool list to a csv file as follows, (the file also has the part data, but I can seperate that no problem):

code:

StartPart:

ProgramName = XXX-XXXX-002 REV A HEATSINK

MastercamName = XXX-XXXX-002 REV A HEATSINK.MC9

CompanyName = CUSTOMER NAME

ProgramNumber = O0002

ProgramDate = 03/17/03

MaterialType = ALUMINUM inch - 6061

WorkOffset = G55

StockSize = X 21.8234 Y 11.9922 Z 1.0000

StockOrigin = X4.8797 Y0. Z0. From Part Zero

PartOrigin = Z0 on Top, X0 Y0 Centered on X and Y

StartTools:

ToolNumber;Dia;Flutes;TLO;CRC;Len;FLen;ToolDescription

12;0.7188;4;12;12;3.0000;2.0000;23/32 FLAT ENDMILL

14;0.0313;4;14;14;3.0000;2.0000;1/32 BALL ENDMILL

EndTools

StartToFinishTime: 0 Hrs, 6 Min, 56.99 Sec

I'm entering the part data into the Parts table by assigning the value I want to the text box and it updates the table. But the sub form for the tools, (continuious forms style), will be a little more difficult.

I planned on coding a routine or using a macro to import the data to the Tools table. (That's the table the tools sub-form is bound to.) But I don't know how to do that.

How can I import the data into the table using a colon delimited csv file, with the first row as header names? Would it be better/easier/more effecient to do it with code or a macro or what? I'd rather not depend on any external files after the sheet is created, except the picture file.