Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 verify

Cannon

Well that is a lot different than Turbo does not work. Believe it or not details for the people who develop this stuff goes a long way. Ranting on about this or that doesn't work only adds to the confusion. I rant do not get me wrong, but I try to be very specific about the problem to QC so they can put it on the the to do list. I hope the Machine Simulation gets people looking at it so it can be enhanced more and not be dismissive like so many other things. I really like it, but someone will not something then never use it and then not report the problem they were having. Then years later they come back back and complain about how much that simulation did not work. I contribute to this forum, but I also contribute to making the product better. I want the best product possible like anyone. The better the product works the easier my life is. It is my best interest as well as theirs to get constructive feedback not the constant this sucks and that sucks. I have made my share of complaints publicly, but guess what we are no closer to things. If it makes you feel good then do what you want, but how about a steady stream of emails with examples to QC and lets see if things do not get addressed??

Crazy, believe it this is not anything new, it has been the same from the beginning when they introduced WCS, (at least from V9), if you use WCS and do complicated 3D surfacing, you will notice it instantly. I have spoken about this with Mastercam dealer in 2007 and they were aware of this and said it is going to be fixed. If CNC software isnt looking at this forum, where there is the most dedicated users they have who adress problems in the software, then they are missing a big opportunity to make their product better.

Perhaps it is not that simple.

I was under the impression that Mastercam used a version of Vericut for the verify module.

In order to make turbo mode work using different orientations, perhaps a new 3rd party app would have to be developed and maybe Vericut is not willing to do that.

I'd always thought Verify was a 3rd party add-in by Lightworks, but

their web site makes no mention of anything like Verify.

Maybe tha't why Verify has been getting so little attention in the last couple of releases.

The new machine simulation in X5 is from Camaix

Just a little tip for those who are looking for different machines. The Camix machines will work with the other. So the other machines we had that are not in the new one will work from the old one. Just drop them into the same folder and you are rocking and rolling with the ability ti simulate anything that was built in the past for the Camix version.

HTH

From my discussions with CNC I get the impression that verify will never be fixed. It's as if they won't admit its broken.

I was spending a bunch of time reporting problems with verify and sending files in about 10 years ago with a multitude of issues. After years of this futility I gave up because giving up resulted in the same end result with less frustration. Now I just bitch now and then and feel much better about things.