Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

im not sure this has been covered.  if it has I missed it. how Do I get it to list the tools in numerical order and not in order they are used.  

I tried.... When you are making your tool list, make sure TL # is highlighted in the Selected Fields dialog box and it did not work for me. unless I am it wrong.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the color white for the picture when creating a setup sheet in excel?  I am using a dark windows theme and the background color of the picture is almost black.

I've done some digging on this and here is what I've found.

Ive tried switching the system theme back to a standard windows theme, X+ still puts out the background in black for the picture,

Ive tried reinstalling X8 and X+, still black

Ive tries changing the background color and gradient background colors in Mastercam, still comes out black

Has anyone had this happen before?  Another guy I worked with said he had the background start coming in as his background gradient color, but he fixed it by reinstalling X+.

Edited by Payne530

Hi All,

Managed to solve this on my own, turns out my configuration settings for mastercam were causing the issue.  Reloaded a colleagues configuration and now the background color is white again.

I do have another question though.  I need to have the cycle time from the backplot show up in the NC-Header section.  Is there a way to add this to X+?

I am having the same problem and have just read everything since this was posted.  I don't see that it has been answered.  I lost my harddrive and am starting from scratch.  I had previously read thru the whole thread over a year ago when x7 came out and somehow got it loaded.  I'm actually on another computer that we have X7 loaded on.

I have closed Mastercam.

Tried to load it in public\documents folder first.  (Also tried under mcamx7 chook directory.)

Had my administrator log on and try everything.

We are using microsoft defender for antivirus.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a work around?

Thank you all for any help.

OK, so the problem was that I did not have the proper administrative priveledges.  I thought my IT guy had changed it, but he had not.  I was able to instantly load it on the other 2 shop computers (which I had admin priveledges on).  Thanks all.  I love X+

Hi, I just downloaded this and installed it. Heres the dumb question part. Where do I use it? I have some X+ files in my documents but don't know what to do with them. I have X8.

I have a part file open that I would like to test the setup sheet on but again, not sure how to activate it.

I did notice though under the tool list area, once printed, that there is a lot of extra space. Maybe there is already an option for this but I'd like to add notes to that section if possible. Is there an option to do that already?

And is it possible to take out the cycle time output?

No current option that I know of.

You could edit the html file after creating it. Add a few paragraph tags and type what you want, then re-save. It's simple.

Open the .htm file with Notepad (not Word or Wordpad). At the bottom of the tool list, after the closing table tag "</table>" , add the following:

<p>Put your instructions here.</p>

You can use as many paragraphs as you'd like. The <p> is the opening tag and the </p> is the closing tag. The text within the tags will be displayed.

Save the file when done, then view it with the browser of your choice. Wallah!

post-2305-0-55265000-1411410635_thumb.png

post-2305-0-88631400-1411410649_thumb.png

Thanks Thad. I got that part to work, however, now I'm not too up on html or css, actually I don't know it at all, lol. But...Would it not be possible to edit the default css templete to have an area to type in? I may be out on a limb here but it seems to make sense to me. 

I wasn't really wanting to edit the htm everytime. I have a few guys here that are good with css and html. Is it possible to have them modify it? Is the source public? 

The html would have to modified to give you an area to type in, not the css. Unfortunately, you don't have control over the html, unless you know javascript (in the case of X+, anyway). You can modify the css file, but that won't help you in this case. Even javascript would only get you half way there.

The css file is located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\X+.

AFAIK, editing the html is the only way to do what you want. Look at it this way, you have to type the note anyway, just enclose it in <p>...</p> and paste it into the html. It's that simple.

Your call...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Did you edit your CSS file previously? If so, you'll need to copy that file over to your laptop. I think it's in the user/documents/X+ folder.

I've never used a screenshot, but the CSS file controls the size, location, etc of the images/text/stuff on an HTML page.

• 4 months later...