Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 MU1 ????

MrFish

What I don't understand is that with every new release, features are broken that worked perfectly before. Surely the beta testers ran across the dynamic milling issues... Really makes me wonder.

True, but why hold back on a new product, when you can release it and make more money?

Even if it's full of bugs.

What I don't understand is that with every new release, features are broken that worked perfectly before. Surely the beta testers ran across the dynamic milling issues... Really makes me wonder.

Blame crisis for everything . No enough work to test everything .

In all fairness, as customers with issues, it's reasonable to ask when a fix might be released. All the "top secret" BS about releases is just not right. This is one of the reasons we have looked elsewhere but it's really and industry issue, all software companies do this. They don't think they owe any explaination to the customers.

I did not take JP's comment wrong, I think he was just kidding around but if I was having an issue with X5, I guess I would be more sensitive to it.

I did not take JP's comment wrong, I think he was just kidding around but if I was having an issue with X5, I guess I would be more sensitive to it.

yeah you did Dave, you just dont wanna admit it :p:P

Go ahead its OK to get mad :angry: :angry: :lol: :lol:

PEACE :D

• Like 1

Mastercam and quality really touches a nerve with me, as many know. The bugs in Mastercam make my job harder and that is NOT why I pay maintenance. I pay maintenance because the new releases of Mastercam should allow me to get MORE work done in the same amount of time, plain and simple. The thought of needing to stay on maintenance to get the broken features fixed just sucks. If it ships broken it should be fixed for free. CNC software would show a lot of goodwill towards their customers if they provided bug fixes and updates for free and new releases to maintenance customers only. I know I would definitely appreciate it and I would still stay on maintenance to get the advances and new technology going forward. I really doubt that many folks would drop maintenance if CNC took this approach but they would look a lot better in their customers' eyes.

Why are so many people quick to defend CNC and the buggy software. If you took your car to the mechanic to get a new muffler and they broke your windshield in the process you would probably be pretty pissed and you would expect them to fix it for free. Well, that is how I feel about Mastercam after being on maintenance for a few years. They effed up the dynamic milling and a few other things with X5 but folks expect us to bow to this divine new release. They look down their nose when we ask "when are all of the effed up features that worked before going to be fixed?"

I use Volumill as well and it has its fair share of bugs. The thing that sets them apart is when they are made aware of these bugs there is a patch or new release out within a week. I have received new releases within a few days before and you will never hear me complain about their maintenance or customer service. If I had to wait several months to get fixes I would have dumped it long ago.

A major win with X5 is the optirough. The $65,000 question is will it still work when X6 rolls around...

Rant over.