Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wheres the newbies

mold100

Well, Im a Newbie, count me in.

But,,,,I just cruise in and read the current post daily. I always check the FAQ first, if I'm stuck then post a question. But one has to be very careful here when asking a questions, some of the guys are mean sons of bi###es.

There are cliques here, and if you dont fit in, you get the newbie treatment.

But there are a few class act guys here, that really put effort into helping a fellow MC'er.

Cheer

Vector

Seattle, WA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

and if you dont fit in, you get the newbie treatment.

The ability to 'fit in' is generally a direct result of the post by the person trying to 'fit in'. Here's a couple tips to help ANYONE 'fit in'...

[*]Don't ask for a post.. Ask for help on how to fix YOUR post

[*]Don't bash Mastercam.. It's software, it's got bugs, it's still better than most others!

[*]Be specific, "My computer crashes when I run MC, what's wrong with it?" is not specific.

[*]Don't be evasive.. A working e-mail addy and company name gives some indication that you're a ligit user.

[*]Never, EVER, under any circumstances tell Rekd he's wrong. eek.gif

'Rekd teh I DON'T HAVE A FU$%^@* ATTITUDE!!!

[ 06-04-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

... and usually the person "trying" to fit in usually talks some trash and things just go downhill from there.

So in short, ask a thought out question, you're more than likely going to get an intelligent answer. Ask a question that is too vague (i.e. "When I run Mastercam my computer always crashes") you may not like the results.

JM2C

We all have our good days and bad days. Face to face you can look at the person and get an idea of his/her mood. Here you just dive in. Trust me nothing anybody types here is going to hurt you. If it does then you are just to dam sensitive and you should be working for PETA or something. biggrin.giftongue.gif

On the serious note just ask an intelligent question and most likely you will get an intelligent answer. Just ignore the vocal idiots.

Vector,

quote:

There are cliques here, and if you dont fit in, you get the newbie treatment

There are no cliques here; we are just real people that sometimes sport our attitudes. This is probably the most sincere group of users on the net - and you are amoung these users.

No specific individual holds the supreme master title on this forum. We are all just having fun and making cam life enjoyable for those that show an interest. smile.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

hello,

i guess im a newbie since i have no avatar yet wink.gif . but i do try to participate when i can,the only stupid question is the one un asked(unless your asking for a post)i have found this place priceless in terms of a learning tool for mc,thanks all. i have been using this board for a while even before i registered,thanks to corey.he was a member and fead me all the good beta he found here.i had no choice but to regestar after he left the company to move on to bigger and better biggrin.gif

as for corey when you get settled in let me know your new # and e-mail if it changes.

thanks to all the members in advance for all the insight.

trevor

I think I'm a newbie. What are the warning signs? Anyway as far as the asking for post thing goes I understand why you shouldn't ask for posts. I wonder why you would need to.Don't most resellers include post development in the price of mastercam.We have 3 seats and my reseller helps me out with post mods whenever I need it.If we get a new control I just have to call and I get help.Thats one of the things I love about MC. Between the forum and my reseller there is no shortage of help. We have some older Dekel mills and I'm pretty sure the post guy was pulling his hair out trying to get the post dialed in for me, but 10 or 20 emails later and they got it right for me.

cheers.gif Noel

quote:

I wonder why you would need to

I'll tell you why... HAX!!!!!!!!!!!

This is (supposedly, so they think) an easy place for pirates to get posts when they're too stupid to make their own.

'Rekd teh If you're offended cuz you're pirating and I called you stupid, too f'n bad!

quote:

Don't most resellers include post development in the price of mastercam

In a word: No

I can certainly call S4A on the phone with (a few) specific questions and get help tweaking posts, but I can't email them my formatted program output and say "can you make MPFAN output this, add this miscellaneous integer and misc real support, change the text file, and do it for free"

That would be a little unreasonable.

quote:

This is (supposedly, so they think) an easy place for pirates to get posts when they're too stupid to make their own.

Rekd

I am not stupid, nor am I a pirate, but I have been able to increase my ability to modify posts quite a bit asking post questions on this forum (some of this knowledge came from you, I'm pretty sure) so stupid pirates aren't the only people asking questions about posts.

They are, however, the only people using stupid handles and asking with post #1 "Does anyone have a good post for a Fanuc 18, Haas, Fadal, or Okuma?"

C

Hi All,

I started using MC Mill 8.1 a couple of years ago and am now using the latest Router v9.1. Even though I check in here every day, and have gleaned valuable info, I rarely post. So far so good. We do wood so I often don't have a clue what some of you machinists, mold makers, etc. are talking about. Some of you guys spend so much time on this forum I often wonder when you actually produce something.

Cheers cheers.gif

Chris,

quote:

so stupid pirates aren't the only people asking questions about posts.

quote:

"get" being the key word here. Not asking how to mod their own, but where to GET one..

'Rekd teh elaborating

quote:

Some of you guys spend so much time on this forum I often wonder when you actually produce something.

Heh. Funny. rolleyes.gif

I prolly spend as much time here as anyone. I am also responsible for quoting, tooling, programming, setting up and running 5 machines... by myself. (Oh, and I sweep while I walk between machines...) eek.gif

'Rekd teh I'm not lazy, I'm efficient