Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verification of CNC part programs

I'm shopping around for other program verification software like Vericut.

The Vericut package I'm looking at is going to cost $***** at company's expense.

But i'd still like to know what are my other options.

Are there any out there? (pros / cons)

And what do you think about CG Tech's Vericut? (pros / cons)

Thanks,

MACHINIST86

Edited by gcode
please read the FAQ's

Vericut is the best there is

another option is Predator VCNC which is not bad software, but there is absolutely zero customer support

and I'm qualified to say that because I own a seat. :realmad:

There is a new company out of Russia that is priced along the lines of Vericut.. and its suppossed to be pretty good.

but their name escapes me at the moment.

Another very good ( and very expensive) one is ICAM out of Canada... a combination post proccessor/ verifcation package

that is first rate

I am 100 pro Vericut. I will not release any programs on the floor without running it through Vericut 1st. Also their support is top notch.

That being said, we had a demo of NCSIMUL a couple of months ago. We were very impressed with the software. We were going to give them a shot but since they are the "new kid" in the US we got cold feet. What if they can not get enough of customers on this side of the pond to stick around?

• 3 weeks later...

Is Metacut a verification software as well?

Never used any of these programs but I have only heard positive things about Vericut.

Metacut is verification software, but it's very limited and simplistic compared to the other tools out there. It can be useful, depending on what you're doing, but it's a real entry-level product. Also I haven't seen any development on it in ten years.

• 8 months later...

We have several seats of NCSimul and we have been using it to simulate complex 5 axis trimming since 2010. Before making the purchase we evaluated several of the ‘popular’ products (VeriCut, ICAM) and NCSimul was the best product for us. Spring Tech is new on the NA market and they have a relatively small team in the US, but they offer first class sales and tech support.

I highly suggest you try/demo ICAM, VeriCut and NCSimul before making a purchase. After evaluation the decision was an easy one for us.

Alex