Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Renumber tools still buggy in X5

Thee Rickster ™

Should we not have a forum where all the reported bugs are listed? This way it is easy to see if they have been reported, this way we can also see if they have been addressed.

I know all software has bugs but from what I hear is Mastercam has more then most. Not sure if this is true but I am beginning to wonder.

I suggested that and James made me feel like I was mentally challenged for even suggesting it.

X6

If I'm cutting on the right (X +) my tool offset #'s always match my tool #'s

If I'm cutting on the left (X-) my tool offset # is always tool # + 10.

So I put this in my post.

if xabs > 0& gtoolno <> gltlno, pbld, " ", e$," ",  e$," ",  e$, "(OFFSET NUMBER DOES NOT EQUAL TOOLNUMBER)", e$, " ", e$

if xabs < 0& gtoolno <> (gltlno - 10), pbld, " ", e$,"",  e$," ",  e$, "(OFFSET NUMBER DOES NOT EQUAL TOOLNUMBER PLUS TEN)", e$, " ", e$

It doesn't actually stop the posting, but could if you just put an exitpost$ in there...the extra line breaks make it easy to see for me.

gtoolno = my tool #

gltlno = my offset #

Someday, God knows, Mastercam will have an automatic update feature and patches will be avaliable every other week... like some of its competitors...

If I had to put my name or money in a CAD/CAM system, Mastercam wouldn't even be considered as an option. It's simple math: you can measure a CAx company by how long they take to address bugs. Long lead times means less or no respect for the customer maintenance dollar and clearly demonstrates the differences between the speech and the actions.

Talk is cheap. But looks like nearly 140K seats were bought already...

JM2C

Daniel

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Keith,

I am checking on your issue now and using your file I can somewhat duplicate your issue however I get mixed results. Seems like it works sometimes and not others. I made a new file and it works perfect. Not blaming your file, but I am wondering what is different. I noticed you have VTL and all custom tools types and I'm wondering if you do the same thing with a stock non custom tool if it does the same thing. My part had no customer tools and was on a horizontal. I'm going to keep digging around here to see if I can pin it down. Feel free to send me any more information or files to [email protected].

Jim, I can replicate it with a new file and standard tools on a stock horizontal machine.

I am sending a file to QC now, but you can replicate by:

1: Choose toolpath finish

2: chain anything

3: right click on any standard tool and select edit tool

4: Go to the parameters tab and change the offset number

5: green check and exit parameters page

6: your tool # picture does not change, nor does your offset #, the station # will, but that is it. if you change the offset number feild in that toolpath it will stick for that toolpath only

7: create another toolpath

8: chain anything

9 rigth click and edit the same tool you edited in the previous toolpath and check the parameter s page, it will be rest to it's original value.

Thanks Jeremy.

Jim I put the check in my post and stopped effin around with it.

99% of my tools are custom, and I normally create the one for the right side of centerline first, then open the tool manager, copy tool, paste tool, then adjust the new (pasted) tool for work on the left side of centerline.

Happy to help if I can, just PM me.