Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports

ToddF

Where are you placing this code to get it to work?

Thanks, -Pat

When you open up the Designer, there is a tab at the bottom that says "script". Click on that and you can cut/paste that into that field. I'm attaching a couple of screen shots too. You'll have to setup the main report to look for the subreport, and have the subreport in the report directory.

post-34869-0-05326900-1326909600_thumb.png

post-34869-0-54324500-1326909725_thumb.png

Sorted Tool List...Sorted by what?

You guys are aware that you can right-click in the Tool Manager choose Arrange Tools > by Number, by Type, by Name, or by Diameter and then right-click choose import/export - detailed report or report.

This will give you a report in the way that you chose to arrange them. Is that what you guys are looking for?

It is, however, I need the data in the header of the report and the tool manager does not have this option. So setup sheet via active reports is the only method I have found.

Sorted Tool List...Sorted by what?

You guys are aware that you can right-click in the Tool Manager choose Arrange Tools > by Number, by Type, by Name, or by Diameter and then right-click choose import/export - detailed report or report.

This will give you a report in the way that you chose to arrange them. Is that what you guys are looking for?

Good suggestion... I might have been going the long way about it! :wallbash:

It is, however, I need the data in the header of the report and the tool manager does not have this option. So setup sheet via active reports is the only method I have found.

I wonder then if you could modify the tool report to add in the info you need and just run a tool report instead? I'm sure there's a number of ways to do it. Just something to think about.

I wonder then if you could modify the tool report to add in the info you need and just run a tool report instead? I'm sure there's a number of ways to do it. Just something to think about.

I have done this but could not find a way to enter the header information. The labels are there but no data. Is there a way to add a query to populate these when running the report?

Update

It turns out that my issue with repeating tools is isolated to a single MCX file. No clue why, but so far works fine on other files. It still lists the tools in operation order instead of numerically but I can live with that for now.

Thanks to Headhunter for verifying and anyone else that played with it.

-Pat

• 2 weeks later...

***New Update***

I found out why I had repeating tool numbers in the one file. I did not have a common NCI name for all ops so the report repeated it. I feel better now knowing why it happened.

Of you who downloaded my tool list, have you made any improvements you'd like to share with the rest of us?

Thanks, -Pat

• 6 months later...
I was modifying the Mastercam version of Active Reports and found that when I go to print the reports, it prints one page and then spits out a blank page after every one that it prints.

Having just been there myself, you may have made something extend off the right edge of the sheet. Try reducing your left margin a bit to help it fit.

I found out why I had repeating tool numbers in the one file. I did not have a common NCI name for all ops so the report repeated it. I feel better now knowing why it happened.[/Quote]

I get repeating tools also but because I will have several tools with different speeds/feed for the same tool number. If I have four variations of the same tool I will get four of the same tools on my report though they may be used on twenty operations. (same .nci file)

Is there a fix for this?

I was modifying the Mastercam version of Active Reports and found that when I go to print the reports, it prints one page and then spits out a blank page after every one that it prints. I printed it before I modifed it, and it didnt spit out a blank sheet for everyone it printed.

This is related to the margins setup - to change your margin setup in the Active Report Designer go to File, Config and it should open a dialog box Report Settings and decrease your print margins. Currently you should see a red line down the right side of your page. Once you adjust your margins it should remove that red line. Once the red line is removed you will not print an extra blank page.

• 6 months later...

I ended up rolling my own setupsheet. One of the reasons was the unsorted tool list. :/

I have run into duplicate tools in my own tool list as well, and have discovered that it is usually one of two things: One, you actually HAVE duplicate tools (say, from importing operations, and there is some slight difference between the imported tools, or Two, you may be referencing a tool from a different machine.