Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Ok, just crashed regenning a previous stock model on a roughing op after making a change to the depth limit. Hahahahaha!!!

I havent crashed on a regen yet. Only when I click on an operation. It will not even open, it just crashes the system. The crash on verify is a bit irritating too. Ive been now trained by Mastercam to save, then verify. :)

I started getting odd Mastercam crashes on simulation exit, and its related to my hard-drive, as Chrome has started crashing, as has solidworks and outlook on occasion. I had an overheating incident and while my computer runs, the hardrive was definitely affected.

So just wanting to say if you're noticing anything else crashing you may want to check out some of your hardware. Not expecting you to change hardware to fix one problem, but random crashes on other programs could be related to memory or a corrupt windows install

I started getting odd Mastercam crashes on simulation exit, and its related to my hard-drive, as Chrome has started crashing, as has solidworks and outlook on occasion. I had an overheating incident and while my computer runs, the hardrive was definitely affected.

So just wanting to say if you're noticing anything else crashing you may want to check out some of your hardware. Not expecting you to change hardware to fix one problem, but random crashes on other programs could be related to memory or a corrupt windows install

I havent had an issue with any other software.

+10000000000000000000000

To saving before verify!

Although , if you use task manager

You can hit cancel and it unlocks

And then you can save..... But it still needs a restart

This has not been an issue with locking up. It crashes and brings up the mastercam crash report. I sent about 5 of them in to CNC in one morning.

I deleted the stock model that I was using for stock in the verifier and the crashing stopped. I am pretty confident that the crashes were some how related to the stock model.

Neuro, same here. If I get rid of the stock model, the crashes disappear. But as I said in previous posts, it doesn't happen with every file. Sometimes you can change the tolerances a bit on the stock model and the crashing will also disappear.

Neuro, same here. If I get rid of the stock model, the crashes disappear. But as I said in previous posts, it doesn't happen with every file. Sometimes you can change the tolerances a bit on the stock model and the crashing will also disappear.

Oh yes Peon, I agree. In fact, some times I can delete the problem stock model, re-create it, and the problem is solved. There is little doubt that the stock model has some issues. I dont have a problem with this because it is a new feature and it is surely going to go through some growing pains for the first few releases? cough cough. :) Hopefully it doesnt get neglected like some of the other bugs that have been around since the beginning of X. When I have a problem that seems to want to persist, I just revert to using .STL and the problem is solved.

Having the stock model is nice, but some times I have to remind myself that I am not limited to it. There are other ways to get done what I need to get done.

and not bad peon, 30,000 views in less than one month.

I have a long list of bugs jotted down, most of which have been pre-existing to earlier versions. I won't post them all here until X7 is released. After this thread has grown to a record, I'm hoping CNC will fix the issues and I won't have to publish such a list. I've been in a couple other shops setting up their workstations to X6 and clarify some issues they had with X5 along with giving them some programming tips. These are friends and former supervisors I've had in the past and they are fed up with the recurring bugs, but it's expensive switching to other systems. Not just the cost of the software, but training. Thanks to CNC, I've made some good side loot due to their bugs and poor migration between versions. Hopefully they will get it right soon!

Ive installed X6 on the new computer that we built and have not installed X5 so I am now using X6 exclusively.

I am starting to find work arounds to most of the issues and do not encounter many of them now. Mostly only issues with stock models and when I need to renumber tools which was an issue in previously releases anyway.

I sure hope that CNC puts some effort in to X7 where old reoccurring bugs are concerned. :(

Yes,

I want to say that it was around 50 seconds? I want to do it again once I get everything set up properly. I am still working on getting my config straight and getting the pc set up. I installed X6 and did not import anything other than machine defs and posts. I am hoping that with a 100% clean install I will have better luck.

Speaking of fresh, are the machine definitions that come with the X6 mpmaster any different than machine definitions from a few versions ago? Have there been any real updates to "Machine Def's" in general or are they pretty much the same?

Rickster, did that happen when importing ops or changing a tool number? I haven't seen that error yet. I had a tool at T3 and changed it to T4, green checked out of the tool manager and all the ops stayed clean (many times they will go dirty when changing tool numbers). I added a new and larger tool to the library and named that to T3. Everything looked fine in the tool manager till I hit the green check within the tool manager. BAM!!!! Wouldn't you know it, all the ops that were changed from the original T3 to T4 went dirty! I've had this happen on several occasions, but yet I can't get it to repeat all the time. It seems everything looks great in the tool manager, but deep in the bowels of this software, the tools I modified weren't actually changed!