Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Model

Colin Gilchrist

Thanks Ocean, but I am done till monday, have a good day ppl.

rest rough with out the stl look better with the wasted 'cutting all the geomtry over again

but at least it does the multiple step overs.....

It just figures that nothing good in MC works in Any other WCS for the turbo verify PITA issue,

Then TOP VIEW!

Stock model, cant verify, cant stl in turbo using other then top view WCS.....<_<

The cant do stuff for me is basically, Eff that if you think I am waitng 1/2 to 2 hours for 'simulate tool' in

Verify to finish, for all my components.

I could reprogram it in another cam that supports verify in all the WCS faster and get what I need faster.....:wallbash:

Newbee, to avoid further disappointment I will not even humor the stock model in x6

because I have a hard enuf time meeting deadlines for the down time of rebooting, renumbering manually, etc, etc

Back to square one for me.

Regards

Rick

Colin-

Thank you very much for giving a bit of direction. It's invaluable to have some solid info from cnc what the numbers do, and what is recommended. Alot of new features we figure out by-gosh-by-golly and thus the frustration mounts.

A while back Dave C. did several webinars on the functionality and tips and tricks of the dynamic toolpaths. That was very helpful as well.

• Like 1

I used Stock Model for some simple prismatic parts this weekend.

No surfacing or 3d rest roughing, just drilling, 2d milling, pocketing and a few 2d high speed core milling toolpaths.

It worked very well.

Typically with a part like this, when you want to run your latest toolpaths through Verify, you have 2 choices.

You can run the whole file through Verify till you get to the new toolpaths or

you can make an STL model and use that as stock to Verify the new toolpaths.

On a typical part like this, I might have to build 4 or 5 STL stock files representing different stages of the process.

This weekend, I made Stock Model the first op in the file, then used the Stock Model as the stock

for Verify. On the small parts I did this weekend, Stock Model regened in under a second, so this saved

lots of time verifying toolpaths,especially the 2D high speed core roughing toolpaths.

They might take 3 or 4 minutes to run through Verify, but Stock model regened them instantly.

If (when) they get stock model to run like this with big surfacing and rest rough operations, it will be a very useful tool

• 1 month later...

do I un-select the drive surfaces?

If you select a CAD file on the toolapth type page it can be used in one of two ways. If you are not useing the CAD option on the rest material page it is treated as drive data in addition to you rselected surfaces and solids for drive. If you are using the CAD option on the rest material page it will be used as rest material shape, not as drive data. Pretty clunky.

So in comes stock model, just create a stock model, load your STL as intial stock shape and accept the form. Now you have a stock model you can reference on the rest material page using the 'One other operation' method.

Better yet, stay out of verify and use stock model to process the toolpaths you processed in Verify. Now you don't have an external STL file to manage, if you tweak the toolpaths that created the stock model it just needs regening along with the rest rough. If you tweak the toolpaths that were used in your method you have to now verify them, save a new STL and load the new STL into the rest rough toolpath, a bit clunkier....

So in comes stock model, just create a stock model, load your STL as intial stock shape and accept the form. Now you have a stock model you can reference on the rest material page using the 'One other operation' method.

How and where do I create a stock model for this method?

I see nothing in the pull down menus for create stock model?

Green horn here, on .stl's.... ;)

I am in the process of relelecting the geometry for all the paths

i copied from the other mach/tool path group.

This is an easy mold i would like to give the stock model a try with.

My mould block is 10 x 8 x 3.00" top of block is Z-0-

Keep in mind I never use or create .stl's ;)

stockmodel.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rick

I am in the process of relelecting the geometry for all the paths

i copied from the other mach/tool path group.

This is an easy mold i would like to give the stock model a try with.

My mould block is 10 x 8 x 3.00" top of block is Z-0-

Keep in mind I never use or create .stl's ;)

stockmodel.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rick

A stock model operation is like any other toolpath operation. Create it from the toolpath drop down menu, go into it's parameter pages and set it up. Control it's display like any other toolpath operation. YOu can even use it on Verify as an option to define Verify initial stock shape...

No idea how to use them is why.

No tutorials, nothing in help contents to explain the process. etc

never needed them technically still don't.

so I created and deleted a rectangular stock model that I resized.

and now I am stuck with an stl that In-house and I can seem to find or get rid of.

So now I cant veiw my geometry shaded because this stock model is

over top of any level I have open, reboot did not fix. trying a restart after i post this.

somthing is keeping its associativity to it and I am almost at a stand still now. :(

David, now In-House is contacting CNC to resolve a huge issue I am having after deleting

the stock model.

The stl is stuck on my screen permanently. check this out

I must have a target on my back or sumthing!

Unshaded

stl_1.png

shaded

stl_2.png

does any body know how to get rid of this??

Rebooting P.C. did not help BTW.

Rick

does any body know how to get rid of this??

figure out what level its on

then

screen unblank

hit the All button then select All Enities

hit the Green Ball

then

delete

hit the All button then select All Enities

hit the Green Ball

should be gone

Colin, in-house did that when sharing desktop.

nothing is pointing to an stl.

At the moment I am told to export all the geometry, export lavels, export all toolpath groups.

start a new file then import , geometry, import levels, then import all my paths, then reselect then regenerate .

Do I win any swag for the longest most time consuming work

around to date?...lol <------- have to laugh cuz I have no one to punch.... :(

• Like 1