Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VERIFY

harleysport

just started using X6 this week. having an issue with verify. when I come in in the morning and open a program that I started the previous day I try to verify to see where I left-off and MC freezes. If I add one more op then I can verify. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

I am running windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks in advance

Doug

Pretty odd that it works when you give it more to crunch... Try opening up the tolerances in verify, mine will pretty much always crash with tight tolerances.

my setting are the same as they were in X5, never had this happen. this morning I just added a simple contour to get it to verify.

• 1 month later...

OMG!!!

So I have been trying all morning to verify a prop with stock on it, so I can save it as an STL file and do a "rest-rough" path.

I open verify, and the computer just freezes... locks right up... verify just never opens.

So I come on here and do a search for verify problems and I read this thread... and I think... no way... this can't work, but I try it anyway.

I added a simple contour and selected it along with my huge surface contour program and VERIFY OPENS!!!

Thank goodness for eMastercam website! And thank you harleysport, for posting this!

:cheers:

Have you tried using "stock model" and verifying with it. I create a stock model from the toolpaths menu where I want to start verifying from instead of saving a stl file. So far it has been working good. You can create it after your last operaton and use it as your stock for future operations. You might try it.

I have not tried using stock model. Are you saying I do not have to use verify and save the STL?

I need a stock model with 3/4" of stock on it to use in a rest rough path... I am machining a casting with 1/2" of stock on it.

Is stock model created directly from the tool paths?

Yes, the stock model is created from previous toolpaths that you designate in the parameters. Start with you initial material (block, forging, etc...) and create toopaths. Then when you reach a point where you would have created a stl file create a stock model instead. The thing I like about this is that you can have numerous stock models throughout your operations manager. However, if you make a change to an operation at the start of your program it will affect the stock models and any operations that use these models below it. If you add an operation you may have to go in the stock models parameters and reselect the ops you want to use to create the stock model. Hope this makes sense.

I forgot to mention when you do verify go to your options page and select the stock model button and then chose which model you want to use from the drop down list. Also, you can make the stock model visible or hide it with the "toggle display on selected operations" button at the top of the ops manager.

I use .STL files all the time and it is a pain in the #!*. I do alot of castings where I need the stock for rest roughing programs, where do I find the exact steps. to do a stock model.

X2!! I'd also like to know how to save a roughed out verify file to Solid rather than .STL

Thanks in advance