Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sorting Options - What do you want?

A bit off the subject..

but are you going to add to the (file get) menu, a recent files list. this would be great. our network has dir's for every machine and on a busy day bouncing back and forth from job to job gets be be a pain digging thru dir's for every mc9 file. Cimco edit works great for this.

Sort and unsort better.

If I have operation 1,2,3,4,5, etc

sort by tool number -> 4, 3, 1, 2, 5

I'd like to unsort back to 1,2,3,4,5

Currently it will sort back to creation order.

My operations are usualy not created in order so this messes the order up real bad.

original order != creation order

Bryan smile.gif

I would like to see user defined operation orders, I.E. however you come up with a specific order be able to save that as a "named" order. I know several of our customers wanted to go beyond being able to sort by tool. When sorting by endmill have the user specify if he wants flats first then bull then ball or vise versa. Inside of the flat endmill be able to sort by size of tool, or length of tool... I don't expect this to be done in one sorting operation but just to be able to do it and then resort this section by a new feild would be awsome.

IMHO

Relevent but a little off topic.

Any chance there will be some rework of the Operations Library (Operation import window specifically)? In the NC Utils, you can gain access to the ops library to make changes. (Which I appreciate all of the work CNC Software did here already.) biggrin.gif All of these functions are great but I would like to have easier access right through the Operation Import window. I guess I am trying to save a few clicks here. wink.gif I don't like to go digging just to change things when I find little problems or when I have the need to update the ops library. This little window has saved me an enormous amount of time already, Thanks guys! cheers.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I'll add more words later...

opsmanager.jpg

The ability to load as many fields as possible into a grid that you can drag, drop, resize, sort, unsort etc etc etc

This would virtually eliminate the need to have hard coded sorting, because the user would define their own sort, display parameters.

Mayhaps even the ability to run querys??

'Rekd teh wishful thinking

quote:

Relevent but a little off topic.

Any chance there will be some rework of the Operations Library (Operation import window specifically)? In the NC Utils, you can gain access to the ops library to make changes. (Which I appreciate all of the work CNC Software did here already.) All of these functions are great but I would like to have easier access right through the Operation Import window. I guess I am trying to save a few clicks here. I don't like to go digging just to change things when I find little problems or when I have the need to update the ops library. This little window has saved me an enormous amount of time already, Thanks guys!

Again, many of you are missing some key information here.

The OPERATIONS MANAGER AND THE SOLIDS MANAGER WILL BE NON MODAL!!!!!!!!

This means that you can navigate to any other feature of Mastercam WHILE THE OPS MANAGER IS STILL OPENED!!

'Rekd teh Reading and Comprehension is key

+1 to rekd

My cad software has a level list that allows nested levels. There is a treview to the left of the display and to the right are the various level properties in table form as rekd has illustrated (quite well I might add). The column headings change sort order.

I like the idea of a custom field. Which allows special sorting capability. Speaking of which, could that custom field be a combo box that looks up previous entries used in that .mcx file or allows a new entry.

If an interface like excell is utilized, (sort by , then by (etc.). A few of the sort configs. could be saved One of the saved sorts could be "Last" (see Plastav above).

Rekd,

I don’t want to navigate anywhere. rolleyes.gif I would like to access it right there and with as few clicks as possible. And while I am in there, would you be able to work with these imported operations like you can through the NC Util to make changes to the existing library(s). ? (The window that comes up only allows clicking the ops for import, nothing more unless you go through NC util.) I guess my question should have been a bit more exact.

To further expand, could you right click in a field to import(tools,ops,machines), modify, save, delete, split, hide, unhide and freeze rows, columns and operations similar to the functionality you get with Excel now? Or am I missing the point again? biggrin.gif

J.R.

The point behind being able to 'navigate' while the managers are open is that you can access other parts of mastercam.

So if you want to bind a key or map a button or bind to a VBS to where you want to go, (NC Utils for example) you will be able to get there while the managers are still open. Not like now. So when the manager is open, and you press your hot key, it will work now. That's all I'm saying.

I just keep reading about how people want to do this and that while the ops manager is open, and they have already done that. (For vX)

'Rekd teh clerified

quote:

So what additional sort options would you like to see? Please be as specific as possible.

Right click

Options

Renumber Tools

On this page I would like a

check box to delete all unused tools

'Scott teh what does Comprehension mean?

[ 07-29-2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Hi jack ---Hi all

Well I actually I reorder by dragging and dropping ops,,,So in VX I am hoping to be able to put two operation windows up on the sceen at once,,,then dragg the most useful stuff to my new part,, then renumber the tool numbers 1,2,3,4, in the order that the operations have been laidout,,then delete all unused tools ---post --and go to lunch.

scott

[ 07-29-2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Hey Jimmy,

How are you? Does deer season ever end? (He said as he is filling up the feeder in the back yard. biggrin.gif )The herds are looking a little thin and kind of lazy this year, but by the time you get out here I'm sure we could have 'em fattened up. What flavor do you like, Hereford, Jersey.... LongHorn? biggrin.gif