Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Separate O/T Area?

Allan Brown

• 4 months later...

I think the loss of traffic would have a negative impact for the site. if i don't want to read o/t topics I don't. on the other hand if everyone is on another site they won't be here and you won't get as many responses to your questions. My question is who doesn't like the site with O/T topics and why?

Hey all. I'm pretty new around here, and I've just been reading these posts to learn as much as I can. I am also part of another forum in a completely different industry, and we have a seperate OT folder specifically for OT posts. Sure, helpful posts get hijacked, but it really cuts down on the clutter in the main folders and makes it much easier to find the information you're looking for. This isn't to say that there is a hard and fast rule that no OT discussion may go on anywhere else, but if you give people the option to discuss those things elsewhere, they generally will. I realize my opinion doesn't count for much around here (and it shouldn't), but for my little bits of digging around for answers, it would really be helpful.

Josh