Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SET-UP SHEEEET

cvomooney

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Does anyone know a solution to the crummy set-up sheet situation??? none of the operators at this company like any format I have used...

I think it sucks as well.

Man those are some harsh words... Which set-up sheet are you using? What don't you like about it? What do you want it to do? Please be specific.

Rob

Hi cvomooney welcome to the forum.

If you are the boss where you work anything you give them will be made to work just fine. If your not then::::::::::::::

This is what I would do------

I use solid/layout and make an isometric to use like a logo for my set-up sheet. Then I pick the best view to show part home to the set up guy,,,and make a note for the home location really big. I record all tribal knowledge on my sheet ,grain direct , fixture location, what

ever I would say to the set-up guy, if I was standing next to him. Then my code has all the info on that I can think of.....

So I copy the top of the program fro the edit page,, then I paste to the notes in create,,, And then the guy can see everything for that op on one page. There is nothing that I have found that works as aspirin free as this method in any shop.

%

O001( CUSTOMER NAME--"ANYONE WITH A CHECK")

(46015384 AIRCRAFT PART OP-6 REV:NC)

(MC9 FILE NAME-----------46015384 OP-6 )

(MONO: FADAL------------------ FORMAT 1)

(DATE ------------------------19-08-03 )

(TIME ---------------------------16:58 )

(*)

(MATERIAL:------ 6061 T6 ALUMINUM PLATE)

(ORIENT STOCK;-- X3.000,Y 3.000,Z 4.258)

(NET PART,,,: X=3.000, Y=3.000, Z=4.258)

(HOME --- COORIDNATES ARE THE FOLLOWING)

(X=0 ON CENTER------------- OF THE PART)

(Y=0 ON CENTER------------- OF THE PART)

(Z=0 ON THE TOP------------ OF THE PART)

(*)

(TOOL- 1 - .500 SPOT-- DRILL 3.000 LONG)

(TOOL- 3 - .531 17/32- DRILL 4.000 LONG)

(TOOL- 4 - .500 ROUGH-- E.M. 3.750 LONG)

(TOOL- 5 - .750 BULLE.M.062R 4.000 LONG)

(TOOL- 6 - .187 .560 MAX DIA. EXTENTION)

(TOOL- 7 - .250 SPOT-- DRILL 4.000 LONG)

(TOOL- 8 - .199 #8---- DRILL 4.000 LONG)

(*)

(------USING FIXTURE OFFSETS: E1 ------)

(*)

G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

T1 M6 (T-1--.500 SPOT DRILL 3.000 LONG)

( SPOT DRILL FOR ENTRY )

G0 G90 X-.5 Y.22 E1 S950 M3

Sometimes I have to write what seams like a whole noval. But it is still better than listening to the whinning.

[ 08-28-2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

quote:

Does anyone know a solution to the crummy set-up sheet situation???

How about write/scratch by hand since you haven't taken the time to learn of all the different setup sheet possibilities .......... rolleyes.gif

Doubt you'll get much help here now,

then again I've been wrong before.

[ 08-28-2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: iowajim62 ]

Rick, no. This uses a highly modified .set file, in conjunction with MS Access.

I lied when I said it was 'all automated'.. you have to post the tool list, then create an image capture of some sort, then open Access, click a button to select the .set file to import, another button for the image, and type in some notes.

With the aid of VBS and the Launch() function in Mastercam, I'll be able to do a lot more automation. As it is now, I get a setup sheet to the printer in about 2 minutes, provided I edit the image. Otherwise, under a minute.

What are you doing now? I might be able to help you with it. Parse my email from my profile, and we can talk.

'Rekd

I have Roger from Mastercam working on my setup sheet as we type......

This is what I use at our company. Everyone seems to like it. I also print out a Pic of it too.....

==========================================

CUSTOM Setup Sheet For Omega Plastics Inc

==========================================

PROGRAMMER = Lou Wilson

DUE DATE = - -

TRODE SIZE = x x

PROGRAM NAME = 86SLCR

DATE PROCESSED = Aug-28-03

OPERATION = CONTOUR

TOOL NAME = .5 f.b.

TOOL NUM. = 1

TOOL DIA. = .5000

DIA OFFSET = 41

LEN OFFSET = 1

SPINDLE = 3000

FEEDRATE = 60.

CUTTER COMP. (computer) = LEFT

STOCK TO LEAVE (XY)= .005

STOCK TO LEAVE (Z) = .005

----------------------------------------------

Max_Z = +0.2500 Min_Z = -1.8000

TOOL FEED CUT LENGTH = 5037.6667

TOOL RAPID TRAVERSE LENGTH = 20.2275

TOOL TIME = 1 HOUR, 24 MINUTES, 15.93 SECONDS

If you like it email [email protected]

Hope this helps........

Well Rekd mine is not as automated but crate the same sheets also. I would do that for my job cards uing access then it would automatically give a reprt everyday of the job in the shop and dates they were due and everything. I have seen only Job Boss and it had alot of the same function but the owner at one place thought it was a bad idea so I sheleved it. It is amazing what you can do with the access program when bring outside data like from excel and even matercam in a txt format and create from it.

Set-up sheets are a great tool to have, but if the guys have a better idea tell them to come up with something if not tell them to shut up and deal with it. Begald you dont make them read the whole NC files and then figure ti out from there.

Crazy Millman

Millman,

Here is the file generated by the .set template. The VB code I use in Access parses the part data and tool data, then exports the tool data to a csv format which is imported to the current record on a sub form, along with the part data.

code:

-------------------------------

| This file is automatically |

| generated. Do Not Change It. |

| Design by Matthew Finley |

-------------------------------

StartPart:

ProgramName = XXXXXX-001 REV A.NCF

MastercamName = XXXXXX-001 REV A.MC9

ProgramNumber = O0001

ProgramDate = 08/28/03

MaterialType = ALUMINUM inch - 4047

WorkOffset = G54

StockSize = X 12.0000 Y 6.0000 Z 0.0300

StockOrigin = X-.05 Y-.05 Z0. From Part Zero

PartOrigin = Z0 Top, X0 Y0 on Front Left Corner

StartTools:

ToolID;ToolNumber;Dia;Flutes;TLO;CRC;Len;FLen;Depth;ToolDescription;MfgCode

01;0.0938;4;01;01;0.5000;0.3000;-0.0200;3/32 CB EM 4FL TIALIN;71240-09430S000

02;0.2500;1;02;02;1.0000;0.5000;-0.0070;1/4 CHAMFER MILL;72110-2500SS090

03;0.0938;4;03;03;0.5000;0.3000;-0.0280;3/32 CB EM 4FL TIALIN;71240-09430S000

EndTools

CycleTime = 0 Hrs, 17 Min, 16.59 Sec

The tools, material, customer and machines are stored in different tables than the part data. The database assigns a ToolID to the current record, and links to that tool table. (There's lots of redundancy here, but I'm working on a method for the tool table to remove duplicates, and assign similar tools to multiple records.)

It's a very nice setup sheet if I do say so myself, and yes, I plan on marketing it when it's done.

'Rekd

methinks the first thing you should fix is your bad reputation here... badmouthing something you obviously know nothing about is not a good way to get help.

Mastercam is completely capable to create literally ANY kind of setup sheet you want. And THIS is the place to find out how, provided you're on good terms with the members here... biggrin.gif

'Rekd

[ 08-28-2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Yeah I can contest to that still got one mad at me oh well.

Rekd yeah I also like to use the query functions of Access with the macros to do my reports verse trying to do it from mastercam just a different way maybe no need for you to go into detial would want soemoen stealing to much not that they would. But I look at it this way we all got locks on our doors to keep the honest people honest. I wish you luck in your endover trying to market the set-up sheet is a real good one.

I have not had a need for one in over a year so pretty been one of them back burned deals. The last place I was the only machinist in the whole company running my machine and just did the pre-stage tools in my post for what I needed. I have asked for 4 months to get helps here and falls to a deaf ear. They dont get that if I got to take time to set up the job, clean out the machine, order the material, meet with the customers, order the tooling, put out the fires, sweep the floor, and etc... that is real hard to get the 400 hours of work they try to scehedule in a week on 2 guys and 4 machines that are FADAL's done.

And before i get bomabred by all the Fadal lovers just not the right machines for what we do here.

Crazy millman

[ 08-28-2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

As a new user myself, I have to agree with Rekd. All respect to those on the forum along with the software that puts food on our table. I have learned more each day about MasterCam, and I will let anyone know that it starts to make sense as time goes. I have also been used to running outdated software in the past, and the continuous tips and support from the forum is appreciated.

Scot

All please accept my most humble apology. I did not mean to offend anyone here.

I have been a Mastercam Owner and user for 15 years. I am by no means a power

User like many or most of you. I have my little nitch that I have filled for many years.

I am now working for someone else and in a steep learning curve trying to catch up with

The rest of you.

KSmith