Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SET-UP SHEEEET

cvomooney

From one "lurkers" perspective, a new users first posting here is more often than not a kind of initiation rite where he/she most often undergoes a period of hazing (where the "elders" initially blowup.gif and then get up on their soap box and put them in their place soapbox.gif ). Those who make it through the first few postings more often than not are welcomed with open arms and go on to learn great things...

So, sign_welcome.gif to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time here and go on to compete with Rekd's post count #'s bowdown.gif

kma.gif

[ 08-28-2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Paul Decelles - Services4Automation ]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well gald to have you on here I have only been using it for about 2 years so I got alot to learn about Mastercam also but been Machining for 17 years so i use that experience to draw from for some of my posts. Great group of guys in here and very sharp. I will say this dont be affraid to post any question not just about Mastercam but anything related to Machining in General some good people on here to help in all tpyes of thing. I would also say read up on the tech tips good advice in there also.

Good Luck glad to have you here and the rest is history.

Crazy Millman

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

DEWWWWWD! Those are some great gifs. Especially the spanking one.

The only people that don't get hazed in here are the ones come in with a question that does not contain the words "Does anyone have a ..." everybody else gets the fire and brimstone. Once they realize the errors of their ways biggrin.gifwink.gif they then become part of the group and becomes one giant love fest. Well not really, but you get the picture.

It's not a spankin', it's an arse kissin' eek.gif

quote:

they then become part of the group and becomes one giant love fest.

(In the voice of a knight in WarCraft after being clicked on too many times..) "Why do you keep touching me?"

'Rekd teh Yesh M'lord

[ 08-28-2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I thought I would add my 2 cents on the setup-sheet issue. What I currently do is:

1. Post program.

2. Create HTML setup sheet with the same name as the program.

3. Print a .PDF file of the current orientation showing the part with the cross-hairs at the origin position.

This works well for me. My setup-guy can then open up the .NC file, the .HTML file, and the PDF file and he has (most of the time) all the information needed to setup the part and run it off.

A couple of thoughts have crossed my mind in the past.

1. I would like to be able to save what I see in "verify" for the setup guy to view at the machine to get a feel for how I am machining the part. Rekd's avatar is where I got this idea from. Is that difficult to create?

2. I feel that instead of the setup-guy having to open up a .NC file, a .HTML file and a .PDF file, I thought about possibly combining these into a .HTML file that I could email to the machine (or the setup-guy could pick out of the directory) and this would have a link to all the necessary files for the part and any other notes I need to add.

I feel I am pretty computer literate, however my programming skills never went further than QuickBasic (early 1990's) and I have since not had much time to go further. Would it be difficult to generate what I am looking for? Is it something that VB could be used for?

At the moment I am using v8.1.1 Level 1.

I get my images from verify. After running verify, I do a screen capture and save it as a jpeg for import to the database. I give the guys a printed setup sheet along with the part print. No files except an NC file. Works great.

Try Snag-IT, lots of options for screen captures. There's lots of others out there also.

'Rekd

[ 08-28-2003, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I've updated the HTML Setup Sheet home page to include some customziation samples.

http://www.emastercam.com/tools/html

The original product is now unlocked, allowing editing by the brave at heart. I should mention that NetHASP support came in back when Mpbin was updated for V9. Page breaks are also supported thanks to a customization client who provided the magic commands that I'd been unable to find.

Custom3 is the format of things to come for a combined Mill/Turn setup sheet with lathe tool images.

[ 08-29-2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Hey Dave just a question I have not played wit hit yet so dont kill me for asking what is probaly a stupid Question but where does it put out the Fixture Offest at I didnt see it in your Examples? confused.gifconfused.gif

We do alot of different fixutres here and I was thinking it would be cool it that was a standard part of that sheet is all may be just not in your example.

----------------------------------------Crazy Millman------------

Thanks Dave, I am now on a quest to Make a good set-up sheet work with my post. I really dont have a need for it right now but maybe if I show the owenrs what one can do and how it makes an operator's job easy then they might do what they said they were going to do and hire one or two. I have just got to the point the best way to handle that one is to just laugh inside everytime I hear it now.

Crazy Millman

Well I got it figured to do something. I still have to get it to do it on one sheet simple like what Rekd and Gismo have done but I took the HTML set-up sheet and modified it to work on FADAL with the E fixutre offset verses a G54 and up that most machine use. I sent it to emastercam to see if they like if they chekc it out ok I will put it out there for Fadal People on the FTP.

Crazy Millman

quote:

Are you automating the screenie also? (the rendered part)

Yes.

The setup sheet is a small "chook" (asmhook) written in MASM32.

You have many options to format the output.

- HTML/Excel format

- 5 user defined values/informations

- Company logo

- screenshot (also in verify mode)

- horizontal output (table)

- vertical output (listing)

- min/max values incl./excl. rapid moves

- set the rapid feed rate

- always saves your last settings

- if you are using mcutils, there is also a button for fast acces from the opmgr.

- and it's really fast. About 100 times faster as a normal post run.

At the moment it is only available as german version. I'm on it to translate it in english.

www.gismo.i-networx.de

quote:

Hey Paul... where did you find those GIF's? Those are cool!

--------------------

Dan Schnars

Manufacturing Engineer / CNC Programmer

Robert Yates Racing

Dan,

I collect smileys from various forums that I frequent, some of them are really really funny (some people have entirely too much time on their hands). I put together a page with some of them if you guys want to check them out.. Smiley Page