Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Edit Common Parameters....

mmetzinger

twotenths,

quote:

But that leads to another mystery: why must the toolpaths be regenerated after changing the program number?

My guess is that the NCI file needs to be updated and that's why you have to regen. Just a guess.

I have seen just opening an operation and not changing anything at all, if you click on OK instead of clicking on Cancel it will make that op dirty and need regen.

Welcome to the forum. biggrin.gif

quote:

Nor have I found a way to change which operation is bold-faced.

Bold is the last operation created. You can change which op is bold by doing the following...

:start_bug:

Grab the operation you want to be bold with RIGHT mouse button and drag it to the side just a bit and drop it on the same operation. Select Copy After from the drop down list. Now delete the original.

:end_bug:

'Rekd

[ 09-05-2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Nope cmr crazy is what I do and do it very well. Wow I thought this one would just dies guess i was wrong on that note. I also have seen this fun thing and love it when doing the numerous operations likethe rest of you. I just get to the point I save the file about 5 times and do limited ops in eahc one to get around so muck re clicking.

James ergo poor mouse poor fingers. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Crazy millman's wooden nickels worth on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

I have found that it doesn't assign the WFO's either, as well as what you said about the names. Makes for a LOOOONNNNGGGGG day manually changing 54 operations with 12 clicks PER OPERATION.

quote:

Yeah, I had to do this last week with a file that had over 180 operations. Needless to say [email protected] got an earful, or eyeful for that matter. I was not happy, and I was not kind either. No reply yet. Guess I should not expect one either. A "Sorry about that" woudl be cool though.

OUT!

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

I was SOOOOO hoping they would have f&$*#&% fixed this in 9.1 sp2

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

'Rekd teh I'll be back in 2 hrs, gotta change the WCS on some Operations... mad.gif

quote:

Chris, how many ops you gotta change??

Not many, but when I do go to change them the ops manager seems to randomly offset my tool plane origin once in awhile. WTF is that about? Not every time, just (seemingly) random ops all of a sudden are out in space after changing WCS

Quite nice

The other guys in the office are getting tired of hearing 'where the f- did my finish tool go?!?!'

C

• 4 weeks later...

I'll try that next time, Matt

What I just did that seemed to work is edited all my ops to a speed that I'd never have in any of them [like G50 S2511, or whatever] and regenned, THEN did it again going to the 3000 that I wanted. This seemed to work; perhaps the prob was that before some of my ops already had the 3000 in there so it didn't work right on the others?

Confusing but a [as yet mostly unproven] workaround.

BTW, I saw your new pic on the 'neighborhood'; you are a little fella; aren't you?

C

Chris, you're kind of right. I've done the same things with program numbers. Change it to something you don't have anywhere, regen, change to what you want. Sometimes it works, some times it doesn't.

quote:

BTW, I saw your new pic on the 'neighborhood'; you are a little fella; aren't you?

Yeah, ya corn-fed mofo! Luckely I am a lot stronger than most people anywhere close to my size, and I'm not the stupidest one in the bunch either. (Oh, and I have superb aim..) tongue.gif

'Rekd

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

'Rekd teh I'll be back in 2 hrs, gotta change the WCS on some Operations.

I've got a bug number for the Edit COmmon Parameters and WCS issue. About 1x per week I'm doing it on a part that has close to 200 operations. At about 13 mouse clicks per operation... you do the math. Granted, it still beats doing everything from scratch, but it is slightly frustrating doing something so repetitive for so long.

When I submitted the part that showed the issue, It had like 120 operations. He, he, he. I figued I'd give 'em something easy to play with. biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif

I'm sure there is someone outthere wondering why on earth I would need to edit the common parameters for so many operations. It's rather simple. In my business, I usually have two parts/dash numbers. -1 and -2, or in laymans terms a right and a left hand part. When I get a new part, to program, it's usually the right hand I ptrogram first because that's what side we test first. So I get the program dialed in then I make sure it's saved. Now I'll save it is the opposite, turn on all the levels, go to the Top System View in the WCS and mirror about the origin. Then I go back and re-establish the WCS's for each operation(group). Next I'll go into each contour operation and make sure things are going the correct direction and are starting in the correct location and are on the correct side of the contour, and also I have to make sure the correct T/C plane, Offset and WCS are active. Then I Regen all the operations and Voila the opposite part is programmed.

Now, I know there are some in here wondering why on earth I would go through all the trouble of doing that when I could just use Transorm Mirror and mirror the toolpaths. Well I'll tell you why. A large portion of the parts I do are far too complex for it to work correctly or I shoudl say, EXACTLY how I want it to work so I do it this way.

HTH