Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Customer Feedback Program....

BrandonH

So here's the story,

2 days ago, I do a disk cleanup on C: drive, maybe irrelevant, but I don't know.

Yesterday, mastercam takes a long time to open, like 45 seconds, and another 30 to open a part file. I figure it just needs a reboot. No biggie, I say. I'll shut 'er down at the end of the day. As per usual. that will be my restart.

Today I fire her up and it takes FOREVER! I'm talking, 1-1/2 minutes just to launch mastercam. And another minute to open a file.

I figure something got dumped during the disk cleanup. (?) So I do a complete uninstall/re-install of mastercam. Restart PC, restart mastercam, SAME THING!?

I try all the usual stuff, to no avail. I'm stumped. So then I start really thinking... What's different today vs. yesterday? Someone downloading a HUGE file. No, can't be. But what have I got to loose? So I unplug the ethernet cable.

Yahtzee! That did it. Confirmed multiple times. Further narrowed it down to the "customer feedback program." Turned that off, stayed plugged in, and started as usual.

So, all that to ask, Why is the customer feedback program causing me to open slowly?

Sorry for rambling. I'm very excited that I got this far!

Dell M6600 - i7 - 16gb ram - 128 ssd

Mastercam x6 MU3

Moldplus catia translator & Prodrill

20 MB cable internet

We've just spent the last 2 days fighting this problem

Try disabling Windows Defender .. I think the last definiton update included something that is causing a problem with

the Mastercam Feedback Program

Turning off the Customer Feedback Program fixed it on a couple of machines but not on 2 more.

Turning off Windows Defender got us running again.

Open your Mastercam Event log and watch while you open Mastercam

Yellow warnings will keep popping up when the MFP module can't access the net and Mastercam will

hang up for 30 to 90 seconds.. very aggravating ,,,

On 2 machines shutting the MFP down did not help

Gcode this what happened to me to just tested this and now I disabled as he requested my mastercam is working fast again. and starts right up. I spent time yeasterday reinstalling it this was driving me crazy.

Go to help click on customer feedback and turn it to NO for right now. I think CNC is testing something and our system are taking the hit.

So you know Gcode the system defender on mine was all ready off.

It must be something introduced in the last Window's update.

Turning off the Customer Feedback program fixed two machines and my copy of X7 beta.

but nothing worked on my seat of X6 until I uninstalled my Mold Plus Catia translators.

We have 24hr IT help via phone and remote login, but restarting the Mold Plus license server

was beyond the talents of the kid working graveyard this morning at 4:30 AM.

Turning off CFB didn't work for Codebreaker either. He had to shut off Windows Defender.

My Windows Defender is still running but it's virus definitions are dated 1/14/13 while Codebreaker

updated his on Thursday.

those are errors caused by missing items in toolbars and such.

I have no idea how to get rid of them and even brand new default config and mtb files will produce those errors.

If you check out the time stamps, you'll see the delay they may be causing is immeasurable.

The yellow waring sin MrFish's post are caused by the Customer Feedback Program hanging up.

As near as I can tell it was something introduced by a routine Microsoft Windows update.

Shutting off the feedback program from the Help menu usually fixes it.

those are errors caused by missing items in toolbars and such.

I have no idea how to get rid of them and even brand new default config and mtb files will produce those errors.

If you check out the time stamps, you'll see the delay they may be causing is immeasurable.

The yellow waring sin MrFish's post are caused by the Customer Feedback Program hanging up.

As near as I can tell it was something introduced by a routine Microsoft Windows update.

Shutting off the feedback program from the Help menu usually fixes it.

Thanks Gcode

Guys - Sorry about that. The off-site CFP server imploded the other day and is not accepting information. I believe this is the lag you are all experiencing, i see it myself. The IT guys are scrambling to rebuild the server as we speak. For now, if you need to, go ahead and turn off the CFP. Someone here will repost when it's up and running again.

Once again we are sorry for this being a PITA, someone will announce when everything is up and running again.

I just walked down the hall to the IT guys, they tell me it's all back up and working. I tested it myself and can confirm that it's accepting data again.

To test me on this look in My Documents\Customer Feedback - You may have a few Zip files in there, turn on the CFP in Help and they will disappear. F5 to refresh...

(It may only happen at start-up, not sure)

I am having problems also. I did turn off CFB, and crashing greatly reduced. I was reading the event log and it listed the crash then it closed. I can not find where the event log data is stored. The help listed a place I can not find, does anyone know where it is?

I am having problems also. I did turn off CFB, and crashing greatly reduced. I was reading the event log and it listed the crash then it closed. I can not find where the event log data is stored. The help listed a place I can not find, does anyone know where it is?

It should be in your System Tray (bottom right hand side of the Windows desktop, on the Task Bar)