Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Net Hasp

cbmarco

We are running X6 in our shop. We have 2 seats of Mill level 3, 1 seat of Lathe and 1 seat of Solids. We just recently switched over to using a NHasp on our server. Now every so often we are not able to access the Solids Options. When we look at the "Active Licenses" in the NHasp software it shows that, although no seats of Mastercam are active, Solids is being used so we have no access. Has anyone had a issue with the NHasp not letting go of the Solids? When our IT department resets the server drive it will then release the Solids and I am able to access it then. This happens every few days.

Download and install the Aladdin Hasp monitor. It can be installed on a workstation and doesn't need administrator rights to use. When installed on a NetHASP server and run with admin rights you can control the HASP services as well as monitor with it.

http://sentinelcusto...ort Tools&l=all

Once installed you'll be able to determine which workstation(s), via IP address and hostname, has the Solids license(s) checked out. Launch Mastercam on that workstation, then Settings -> NetHASP Licensing -> Select the Solid addon -> Release.

Edit:

Also, make sure Mastercam users exit the program cleanly. If it crashes, it'll hang a license. If users log off Windows without exiting Mastercam first, it'll hang a license. If the computer crashes, again, a license will hang. Re-launching Mastercam and cleanly exiting it will release it.

To get the nhasp to release a license do you have to reboot the server? I.T. doesn't like to reboot because it kicks other users off of other stuff. Can you just unplug the nhasp and plug back in or would it damage something?

No, you don't need to reboot the server. If you're not running the nethassp monitor you can restart the license manager in admin tools at the server.

- make certain everyone using the Nethasp has closed Mcam

- go to the control panel of the server computer

- open administrative tools

- open services

- locate a file called "Hasp Loader"

- right click on the file and stop the service

- then right click and restart

To get the nhasp to release a license do you have to reboot the server? I.T. doesn't like to reboot because it kicks other users off of other stuff. Can you just unplug the nhasp and plug back in or would it damage something?

Do not remove and reinsert the hard lock, it's not necessary. All that's needed is to restart the hard lock server service. There are several ways to do that.

The easiest (my preferred method) is from the command prompt by entering the command:

net stop HLService && net start HLService

Use the Microsoft Management Console.

Start -> Run services.msc or services.msc from a command prompt.

Scroll to HL-Server, right click and restart.

Use the Aladdin Monitor program I mentioned in my previous post.

To repeat, I've never needed to restart the hard lock server service to release hung licenses. I always use the Aladdin Monitor to determine which workstation is hanging the license and deal with it on the workstation. The only time I do restart the hard lock server service is after updating license renewal hasp codes even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't need to be done.

No, you don't need to reboot the server. If you're not running the nethassp monitor you can restart the license manager in admin tools at the server.

- make certain everyone using the Nethasp has closed Mcam

- go to the control panel of the server computer

- open administrative tools

- open services

- locate a file called "Hasp Loader"

- right click on the file and stop the service

- then right click and restart

If someone has a seat of Mastercam open when I stop and restart the nethasp would it hurt anything other then forcing them to close Mastercam and restart it?

• 1 month later...

I followed the advice in this forum about the aladdin software. I found that I had to install static IP's because some some computers show the actual name and IP, while others display "pool" followed by the IP so it was hard to find the culprit since IP's were reassigned at random. Because of frustration with this people were shutting down he hasp and slowing program production. Just saying thanks for leading me to a solution. Now to tackle locked programs using Cimco.

Upgrading from version 9 to X7 and adding NetHasp but want double check that NetHasp will run both version X7 and 9?

Raymond

It will

You will have to be wary of what version of Windows you run V9 on though

It doesn't work real well on Vista/Win7/Win8

Yes V9 will run on an X7 nethasp

64 Bit?

We had a guy ( someone at our MC reseller) tell another guy here that v9 won't run on Win 7 period, after

you told me it would run w/ nethasp.

we have 64 bit win 7 machines, X6, currently running USB hasp's.

this what my reseller sent to us

"Just check with the tech dept & sorry, no. NetHASP only support the current version"

your reseller is wrong

I have V9 X5 X6 and X7 on this computer

We use a nethasp and all the above versions run fine

• 2 weeks later...