Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 9.1 SP2 is out?

Lathe-Mill

CNC Software has released service pack 2 for Mastercam Version 9.1. A download has been made available in the Downloads Area of the website which contains a small subset of the full SP2 install.  The download installs the main executables and support files but does not contain any updated sample files.  A full CD installation is available, please call the office if you wish to have one shipped to you.

Why I do not see that posted on the Mastercam web page yet?... confused.gif

Weird, frown.gif

reseller has it, Mastercam don't..hummmm

Hello All, the exeutable described above is in a restricted area of our extranet. This may have caused you some confusion.

We use the extranet to keep our Dealers informed.

It is not unusual for a Dealer to have a file or access to a file that a customer does not have.

Whenever you have difficulty finding a file or utility calling your local Mastercam Dealer is the best solution.

[ 09-08-2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Greg McKay ]

Got an email from eMastercam saying...

quote:

Mastercam V9.1 Service Pack 2 has been released to
in the form of a downloadable patch.

This patch includes files that have changed since SP1. If you have not installed SP1, you must do so prior to applying the patch for SP2.

BTW its about 34 megs...

Is this the same as the CD that will be shipped out from the resellers? Or will something else be on the CD?

I just got the SP2 cd, and had already installed the download. I am under the impression that other than sample files, etc., there is no difference.

I will install the full CD just to say I did.

I know this has been brought up, but is there a list of fixes from SP1 to SP2. I've never felt so left in the dark about an upgrade. I've yet to see what's been fixed.

confused.gif

Sorry for the potential thread hijack.

Paul

Hopefully that was the worst thing that

you found tongue.gif

If you want a real scare download and run Ad-Aware

from LavaSoft. You won't believe the crap your computer picks up off the net.

I recently upgraded my copy of ZoneAlarm. The Professional version now detects and blocks

web bugs. Even mainstrean sites like CNN try to

plant web bugs in your machine. mad.gif

(they keep track of the sites you visit and report back to their masters)

T@T@LO and All,

The official word is this: the patch is available to download from CNC Software (mastercam.com). It should also be avaliable from your resellers, if they have a website. This patch is only designed to work with a current V9.1 SP1 installation. If you don't have SP1, or are having difficulties with the patch, contact your reseller and they may have the CD to mail to you. The CD is a FULL install of V9.1 SP2. It is a good idea to start a fresh install of V9.1 from the CD if you get one. Otherwise make sure you're on SP1 before trying to install the SP2 patch. HTH biggrin.gif

T@T@LO where is your company located? Give us a call if you ever need help with a post. We'd be glad to help. cheers.gif

Attention to all the metric configuration users :

Sp2 will overwrite Mill9m.cfg !

As you know I am one of those that `s crazy about backups so it was not a problem .

I renamed Mill9m.cfg to mill9msp2.cfg and returned the old mill9m.cfg .

But this is unpleasant thing !

Other than this seams to work without glitch!

Iskander teh hack your own pc.