Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Save As

Odin

If there were a reason not to upgrade to X7 I could understand. But to not upgrade is ridiculous because there are so many improvements over X5. I have tried to learn as much as I can with each new release. It makes absolutely no sense not to upgrade. ESPECIALLY if the company is on maintenance.

If there were a reason not to upgrade to X7 I could understand. But to not upgrade is ridiculous because there are so many improvements over X5. I have tried to learn as much as I can with each new release. It makes absolutely no sense not to upgrade. ESPECIALLY if the company is on maintenance.

We are on maintenance. But verify is unusable to me. Maybe when MU1 comes out ....

Apparently you can't save an X6 file to an earlier version either. I know you could in earlier versions but you'd lose the toolpath.

I tried to send a file to one of our vendors who has X5 but had to send a parasolid file instead.

Management wont' push em to upgrade to X7... (management here = spineless Nancy's) . 4 outta the 6 seats we have are still on X5. I update as soon as there is an update on my box and the lathe box. Guess they wont be able to open the X7 files after I'm finished with em!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently you can't save an X6 file to an earlier version either. I know you could in earlier versions but you'd lose the toolpath.

I tried to send a file to one of our vendors who has X5 but had to send a parasolid file instead.

Smit are you running a 64bit OS?

If you are running McamX6 in a 64bit OS, no you can not save backward to previous version Mcam,...

If you were running X6 in a 32bit OS then yes, you can save backward,....