Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Just when you think it can't get any worse

CamMan1

I spent about three hours this morning programming a form tool using parallel and flowline toolpaths. Some of the Operations took 10 to 15 minutes to generate. Everything was fine until I decide to do a Raster toolpath. I selected surfaces set parameters selected tool and holder and as soon as I closed the op for it to generate I noticed it dirtied all my flowline and parallel toolpaths. So then I had to regenerate all of those dirtied ops. Anyone else seen this happen?

Nope not yet. I'm afraid that could happen so X7 is for the easy stuff right now. I'm doing the heavy stuff on X6.

Don't blame you there. I am thinking about going back to X6 for now. I'm having so many issues with X7 that it's killing my programming time.

funny, I've completely skipped x6 due to all the negative press.

going to make the x5 to x7 sp1 jump when it is settled. i guess.....

This is EXACTLY the same as us. We have 2x seats with full maint still on X5 and we skipped X6 and I'm waiting to go to X7.....but from what I'm reading about tool manager issues/changing tool numbers etc, it's frightening me to death.

I just installed x7 and sp1...it crashed while trying to close it... I'll tinker with it but sticking with X6 for now.

Patternmaker - How did you install X7 SP1? Was X7 already installed? Did you uninstall?

We are chasing down a report of SP1 crashing on exit and so far everyone installed SP1 as a standalone and not on top of X7. We can't duplicate that here ourselves yet, but we are still trying. The more details you can provide the better.

Anyone having issues with X7, please, please make sure to report them to us or your reseller so we can review them and work on addressing them. For those not wanting to install because someone is having issues, install it and make your own decision. Your previous version can stay up and running. We have many user that are up and running and doing fine. When issues arise, we need to trouble shoot them and figure out the cause. Sometimes it is in the software, other times it is not.

.....For those not wanting to install because someone is having issues, install it and make your own decision.

Jim,

I fully understand where you are coming from, but personally I don't have time to 'play' as much as I would like to, and certainly don't have time to start programming a job and then have to start over by going backwards (asuming of course that there would be a problem). Being a small company, personally I'm doing sales/accounts/bit making/inspection/delivery boy and programming and the last thing I want is an issue where mcam locks up or horror of horror's, changes a tool number. Believe me I want an easier life, and I certainly don't want to create any more problems than I already have.

We're a small (4 man) company with 10 cnc's, and have 2x seats of mcam level 3 with 5ax and lathe all on maintenance. I think that is a huge investment for such a small company, and we haven't benefited nearly as much as we should have because we voluntarily skipped both X3 and X6, because of problems. That said, I really can't wait to get into X7, but I want to hear it is more stable before I do.

I'm accepted as a beta tester, but have never even started doing it because of my lack of time.

I'm sure all you guys and galls @ cnc all doing your best and being proud of your product, must wince at every release now - BUT going forward how do we get more testing done so when releases are made, we all don't go through nearly as much pain and embarrasment?

I like a lot of people, have more time at home than at work. So can you please suggest a way that allows early releases to be used at home?

Can the Beta testing be done on a time key rather than a USB (as I won't bring mine home as I know I'll forget or lose it) so it can be installed and tested at home?

I think this would really help all of us out.

:cheers: