Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 SP1 Keeps crashing

Mic6

Well I finally decided to load X7 and try it out. Every time I click on the toolpath Verify icon, MC crashes. 5 times in a row so far. I migrated my files. Is there something that I missed, or should I un-install and reload?

The migration utility is what got you probably. There is a thread about X7 crashing with verify. You might want to read through it because I had the exact same thing happen to me. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled and did NOT use the migration utility (just manually setup X7). And everything is running smooth as silk.

Now I'm hosed. X6MU3 which was running perfect, now IT won't start. Crashes upon start-up. uggh I KNEW I shouldn't have touched X7

If migrating is so difficult, why don't they add it as a disclaimer when firing up MC

along with any other do's and Don'ts?

Dang Mic, I never install new MC releases with our doing a disc image first, Migrating or not.

(in case uninstalling and reinstalling fails repeatedly)

The window 7 utility is free and so far 10x flawless for me.

I'm up. I was so pissed I went out to my truck and slept thru my lunch. Came back, read this stuff and did a clean install, wiped the registry and all is good. I'm able to use my X6 .mtb files. So far nothing has happened from this since I didn't want to recreate my right click menu. All looks good for now, thanks guys.

As many on this forum knows, I have tremendous problems with X7 crashing ... I took all the correct steps to uninstall, clear registry, delete folders, but noting was working UNTIL I turned off my anti-virus protection (in my case it was ESET ENOD) which was seeing the new code method for the NETHASP as a virus ... I left it off for a week ... no crashes ... so I uninstall it and started using Microsoft Essentials. Also, I scheduled a daily scan during lunch so not to slow down the system too much ,,,

As for VERIFY, well most of my request we fixed and a few will be done in the next release, hopefully ... :laughing:

Running great now ... only wish I had a much better computer system, it keeps overheating and the video card is on the way out ... but I have to wait one more year before I can get a better system .. hurts my productivity ... :turned: :turned:

Running great now ... only wish I had a much better computer system, it keeps overheating and the video card is on the way out ... but I have to wait one more year before I can get a better system .. hurts my productivity ... :turned: :turned:

You need to go and have a word with that boss in the office..... :D

You need to go and have a word with that boss in the office..... :D

His name is g-code and if he could he would ... but company policy is every three years ... when I got here, I had a great work station, but with X6 it began to slow down, with X7 even slower ... but doable until then .. :fun::guitar: