Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mx7 verify

happycat64

i guess not, mastercam -always 1 step forward two steps back

IMO, this could not be further from the truth, the new verify is great. It allows you to verify parts quickly then the accurate zoom feature gives you the ability to get the quality you need on only the particular section you want (or the entire part if you so desire).

If verify was always in "accurate zoom" mode, it would take forever. The way they have approached it is good.

If verify was always in "accurate zoom" mode, it would take forever. The way they have approached it is good.

I partially agree. It would be nice to have the option if you were doing a lot of simpler, smaller parts. Options are great, IMO that is one of MC's greatest strengths.

Mike

IMO, this could not be further from the truth, the new verify is great. It allows you to verify parts quickly then the accurate zoom feature gives you the ability to get the quality you need on only the particular section you want (or the entire part if you so desire).

i like the old verify where all i have to do is window it and look at the area i want without hitting the accurate zoom and only seeing what i zoom in on, i spent alot of money on my workstaion so i could run high end graphics on it , and thats what i expect when i spend alot of money on a cad cam system.

I like the new verify where I can verify a wicked huge program real quick (probably 1/3 - 1/4 the time compared to the old one) then accurately zoom in on just that one spot that really requires the resolution.

Oh, and continue to work in Mcam while verify is crunching!

Also, STL compare is 100x smoother/faster the new way.

:cheers:

This new UBVS (Universal Backplot Verify System) is work in progress.

Despite nearly a year of intense beta testing, the Mastercam user base found

lots of problems right away when X7 was publically released.

Mastercam responded with SP1.

I suspect we'll see more patches and updates in the near future.

A bright spot is the new automatic update feature.

As the technology improves, Mastercam will be able to push small targeted patches

out. These will come out much more frequently than MU's have in the past.

Mastercam went with UBVS because the problems with the old Verify system could not be fixed.

UBVS has great potential and given time will be a much better solution than what it is replacing.

For people running large parts and big programs, it already is.

I don't know about y'all, but the new verify is a pile of crap. I program mill turns, and cannot verify any program all the way through without it crashing.... I contact my re seller and nothing, guess he can't get it to work ether... I'm wondering if this is our punishment for thinking MT is to expensive?

And as if the verify always crashing is not bad enough, Every time I open the new tool manager to create a tool, IT crashes...

Must be my computer....

I don't know about y'all, but the new verify is a pile of crap. I program mill turns, and cannot verify any program all the way through without it crashing.... I contact my re seller and nothing, guess he can't get it to work ether... I'm wondering if this is our punishment for thinking MT is to expensive?

And as if the verify always crashing is not bad enough, Every time I open the new tool manager to create a tool, IT crashes...

Must be my computer....

If you get nothing from your reseller, go directly to CNC....

Have you sent any of this to [email protected]?

The last thing ANYONE wants is for people that are having problems, to continue to experience problems, while the people that can help are unaware.

• Like 1

Must be my computer....

I've been verifying programs from 100+mb STL files and the verify isn't crashing at all - I'm not trying to downplay your issue but I think there's some other problem at work...

is something else using some resources? accessing network stuff? I've noticed Mastercam gets really fragile when there's some 3D scanning software running at the same time...

I'm almost sure my computer and video card may be partially to blame. I see an "Open GL paint error!" a lot and it throws a whole string of ModuleWorks errors after that.

The lathe portion of verify works ok, it is when you introduce mill tools that the verify usually crashes, it is especially unstable on the sub spindle side of the machine.

I just got the same crash issue, same Open GL error, along with a Microsoft .NET Framework. Perhaps it is a computer issue.