Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

maintenance agreement coming to Mastercam

Philcott

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------------

are true , and maintenance only include updates, no upgrades, then how do you get v10 with maint. agreement ?"

--------------------------------------------

Again, vX would be an update, ie next release of the software. Included in the Maintenance.

The best way to find out your position is to speak to your reseller.

Ok I will throw this out there. If you take the total number of seats sold and then mulitply it by an average of only $10,000. The company has sold $750,000,000 woth of product since being in business. That is 750 million dollars worth of revenue since being in business. That is I feel very lite number to the real number. I ask how much money have they spent on machines, Tooling, Precsion Tools, and other things needed by the companies to use their product.

How much does the CEO and other top people make a years anazyle that. Tell me what they clear and year.

Crazy Millman

few months ago, may i think, after i installed sp1, a bug came on play,i called my reseller, they said that is a sofware bug, call cnc software, the asked me for the file, they saw the problem, they fixed it, i asked for the fixed, they replay, it will be out in few moths, august, so i wirked with a bug for 3 moths.

i think that was wrong.

same thing with the post i put out there earlier, they told me, do this , do that here and there, you may need to do something here and overthere, and at the end of that e-mail they said, "it's an ongoing problem with the back plane on mastercam".

so for how long they been having this problem and not fixing it?

with a service contract may take more may take less, they are not on a hurry, you already pay for the service, so just wait.

Hi !

The smoke never comes without fire !

I want to tell my very personal and limited opinion as a Mastercam user in Israel !

My friends , if Mastercam will start to take maintenance fee , I will not have arguments to stay with it as my Cam system.

Every time when Cimatron-Mastercam war starts over at my plant once more I have only one argument :

Mastercam is cheeper cause they don`t have maintenance fee.

You think my boss he understand something about quality of the program ,cad-cam or whatever computer related ?

95 % of Israel users use Cimatron Elite with a ton of bugs and maintenance.

Every 2-3 monthes new subpoint version comes out and a big crew of supporting guys travelling over country trying to solve problems on the working places.

And they tell about it as a positive argument !

I rare meet my dealer mostly to say hello and chat 2-3 times a year!

It will be a blow for this good guy too ,cause when there `ll be a maintainence I will expect the same relation as Cimatron and will want to meet him once a day (please ,try to understand me right )!

He has a little company and he will be not capable to satisfy even 10 % of requests !

Now I solve all my problems alone , I and Nachum sometimes talk by phone ,the hour it takes me to solve a problem is far less to wait for a guy from technical support to come .

We have 2 Cimatron stations :

the relation is opposite :

My boss says :

Don`t do it at all, the technical support guy will come and do it for us !

So if the Mastercam wants to stay in Israel and I think that in Europe too ,he must expect a growth of calls for a technical support and I am not sure that this will enjoy the dealers.

And I will stay with Mastercam as long as possible and when my boss will not suscribe to the maintainence program I will go with Cimatron ,Powermill, Unigraphics or whatever !

The work will not bring a pleasure but I wilI overcome it !

I WILL MISS YOU ,GUYS !

Iskander singing Money! It`s a crime ...

[ 09-19-2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

+1 plattav.

quote:

once more I have only one argument :

Mastercam is cheeper cause they don`t have maintenance fee.

You think my boss he understand something about quality of the program ,cad-cam or whatever computer related ?

boss dont wan to know how pretty the backplot or verify looks on the pc.

he wants to see you spiting programs left and right with no problems, he wants to make money and not share it if possible.

on his mind, he boughted a good product and expect to run perfect, believe me, he does not want to expend one more cent on it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...How much does the CEO and other top people make a years anazyle that..

How about this?? Do you have any idea how much good Software Engineers make? Til you do, I suggest more of this 8- and less of this 8-O!!!

Out!

[ 09-19-2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

I agree with Scott that maintenance makes sense in the long term, but that doesn't make it easier for existing users to swallow. I think that bug fixes and patches for the current version should be no charge. I think of it as "warranty" work for something that should have been functioning properly in the first place.

If an annual maintenance agreement is in force, customers will expect a major release within every calendar year.

Most people do not consider point releases to be major releases.

from peter eiger

quote:

I think that bug fixes and patches for the current version should be no charge. I think of it as "warranty" work for something that should have been functioning properly in the first place.

I have been trying to make that point since the start og this thread.

i guess i did not make my self clear? biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

8- = Ears Open Mouth Closed

8-O = Ears Closed Mouth Open

I'll just tell you this, software engineers for the most part, make ALOT of $$$,$$$. Since the gaming industry has exploded, it has driven the cost of "Programming" through the roof. Even Indian programmers are making high $$,$$$

JM2C

Hi all

There has been several referances in this thread about paying Mastercam to fix it's own bugs . I have not seen this happen in Mastercam. What happens is we get some new features ,and while they are releaseing them ,,,we get some old stuff fixed or at least working better.

I paid our dealer to come to our shop to help me remove the metacut files, and he personally put a new patch. Again I paid to have a person "show up in person" He gave me the patch.