Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Care to Share Settings?

• 4 weeks later...

Jason,

Do you have the high speed machining option? If so, I wouldn't mind some advice in that area. I hope to use my 200 hour trial period soon but want to make sure I have a few things figured out first to best utilize the trial. Toolpath filtering is one of the things that I would like to get a handle on.

Thad

Guys,

Here is what I found. Look at Jason's Settings.

Set the cut tolerance all the way to the right. Don't change anything else in the tolerance settings

Set the federate to 300 ipm, and run it high off the part. Watch the machine reaction. Its easier to see at a high federate. See if the machine jerks, and /or slows down a lot.

I found this works on several surface tool paths. I have not tried it on the newer high feed paths !

If you see issues, set the tolerance higher and lower, and see the results. This is a place to start.

Machineguy

Haas VM 3

Thad,

The High Speed option is cheap. Get it turned on.

And since you are in trial mode, Leave the setting off till you need it. With the machine on and the trial option on it will keep counting down, so keep it off till you need it.

Run a surface path with it off, and do it again with it on. When you get a path dialed in, then show the boss both sides. There is a big difference from off to on!

Machine guy

Thad,

The High Speed option is cheap. Get it turned on.

And since you are in trial mode, Leave the setting off till you need it. With the machine on and the trial option on it will keep counting down, so keep it off till you need it.

Run a surface path with it off, and do it again with it on. When you get a path dialed in, then show the boss both sides. There is a big difference from off to on!

Machine guy

What is the setting code to look for to see if it is actually on?

There will be a "0T" for trial off

When you change the setting it will say "1T" for on. You can change the setting anytime, but when its on, it is using the machine on timer as a countdown, not spindle time !!!!!

Haas did it this way so you can try before you buy, with 200 hours to use.

Machine guy

You can use it . It's designed to slow down in the corners. My post has it in the misc values. The machine is normally set to P2, which is medium. That's in the settings on the machine.

To override it I turn on the setting of G187 = 1. Then I set the P value from 1 to 3.

For fast roughing I set it to 1. A setting of 3 really slows down the machine in the corners. Its good for the finish pass in highly countered pockets.

My post is the" Haas VMC 4AX".

MACHINE GUY