Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How Your represenitives vote?

Being from the Carolinas, I have lost alot of biz due to the "move to china".

Greg Sump ofShopware pointed me to a website:

www.sam-usa.org

After looking through the website I found out that my representives rolled on manufacturing after saying "I'm against the "free" (unfair) trade.

Also while on website I saw that that they need reps in most states.

SAM is about USA manufacturing. (Canada is tied to US at hip).

Check the website out. Did you know that singapore has been added to "fair" trade?

Can you say "I wish I could buy material for the cost of mold?"

WARNING

Jimmy

quote:

We have lost some Aircraft jobs to China.

They got some pretty high quality over there. rolleyes.gif "NOT"

As soon as the planes start falling out of the

sky they'll be back. Just a shame it takes

something to rattle them to get them to realize

these things.

PEACE biggrin.gif

Did you guys check out www.samp-usa.org ?

hina qualtiy = **** to staart with, but they do improve.

Hell we'll help' em build a damn dam.(threegourgedam). AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!

WWW.SAM-USA.ORG

Click it and see the reality of it all.

Jimmy

ps checjk Greg "th' Man" Sump out at:

www.shopwareinc.com

Many people had the same thought when the Japaneese started importing cars. Japaneese cars of the '60s and early '70s were cheap, trashy, and the butt of many jokes.

Don't count on China producing slip-shod stuff forever. They buy their machine tools from the same folks we do, and they are every bit as smart and resourceful as we are. They will figure it out. The Japaneese did, and they didn't have the benifit of the natural resoucses the Chineese have.

The yen was not kept artificially low like the yuan is. Such a stratigy would not have worked for Japan, as Japan has no natural resouces to speak of. China is different. China has all the minerals they need.

Am I the only one that finds it surprising that the political party of 'the people', the one that distains business, claims to look after the lower and middle-class, and champions a strong central government is the party that passed ill-considered legislaton like NAFTA and granting Most Favored Nation status to China? How strong will a nation comprised entirely of clerks and salespeople be?

What irks Jimmy (and me) is the total unfairness of it all. Those guys don't even remotely have to play under the same rules and regulations that we do. Make the playing field level and we can all compete but make us pay minimum wage, make us carry workmens comp., make us register our vehicles and insure them, make us buy a business license, make us conform to OSHA, etc., etc., but don't require that of China and just watch the plants close in your town, too!

Not to mention outright stealing of ideas and technology. Attend one of the big trade shows like the one in Atlanta every other year and you see reverse-engineered moulders and planers and what-have-you that were simply copied. I think I see more Taiwanese knock-offs than Chinese. In any event, in this country, patent laws and ethics stop us from doing such.

I recently went to a big flea market/gun show in Hillsville, VA and a particular .22 automatic rifle caught my eye. This one was used and for sale for $150. It looked brand new. Upon closer examination, it was made in China. Now if you know your Browning Arms history, Browning was made in Belgium years ago. Then it moved to Japan. A Belgium made used Browning .22 rifle like the one I was looking at costs you about $450 dollars. A brand new one on the rack right now will be made in Japan and will also cost you $450 dollars. So there sits this stolen Chinese dead-ringer copy for $150.

We gotta get riled-up! - PBpaul