Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Unbareable work environment

RStuart

Please excuse me while I vent....I made the mistake of dating a girl that works at the same company..(cringes for the slaps) We are no longer together and she went as far as to call my boss at home and tell him all the gory details(which I will not disclose here) rolleyes.gif My boss now has chosen sides (not mine) and my personal life is now affecting my job. We had a pretty heated discussion about it and I got into some trouble for saying somethings but my point is if you are going to come up to me at work and discuss my personal life then the minute the conversation starts we are not at work anymore and I am not going to show the same respect or restraint I would normally while having a disagreement with a superior. Which is what I have told him. So as you can imagine work stinks right now and am looking for other places of employment. Anyone need a good Integrex operator with MasterCam V9.1? wink.gif Anyhow anyone have this problem or similar and how was it remedied? Or am I the only stupid @#$*& to do such a thing.

in the 9 years i've worked for my current employer, we've had 9 people get divorced becasue of "alleged" relations with co-workers. some were not true but most had some credibility. i was never one of the people involved mainly because i learned from the other dumbasses at my plants mistakes (not saying that anyone on here is a dumbass) and i've never seen anyone here worth risking my marriage for.

good luck with this, hope everything works out

quote:

Anyhow anyone have this problem or similar and how was it remedied? Or am I the only stupid @#$*& to do such a thing.

I applaud your gutty post of a real and personal issue. When I was 19 I worked in a small shop and I had a crush on the owners wife, I was let go (with reasonalble respect)from that job. On the next job application when asked reason for leaving; I wrote in the little box,,,"Crush on owners wife" I was hired and I worked there for years.

Scott teh' ""someone elses sex is your bizz, if your in the room while it's happening""

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Job...rCrit=QID%3DA38 46788027142%3Bst%3Dq%3Buse%3DAll%3BrawWords%3Dintegrex%3BCID%3DUS%3BSID%3D%3F%3BTID%3D0%3BENR%3DNO%3BDTP%3DALL%3BYDI%3DYES%3BIND%3DAll%3BPDQ%3DAll%3BJN%3DAll%3BPOY%3DNO%3BETD%3DALL %3BRE%3DALL%3BMGT%3DDC%3BSUP%3DDC%3BFRE%3D30%3BCHL%3DAL%3BQS%3Dhhr%5Findex%2Ehtm%3BSS%3DNO%3BTITL%3D0%3BOB%3Ddf%3BVT%3Ddetail&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=71e592a8f15544958cc1ba9bf218302 c-119628287-tl-1

Great opportunity. Tell them Harry sent you, they'll be amused. cool.gif

quote:

and i've never seen anyone here worth risking my marriage for

+1

I haven't met ANYBODY that's worth risking my

marriage for. (Yesterday was my 9 year anniversary,

BTW, and we still act like lovers/friends, not like

a couple that's been married that long. biggrin.gif )

There's a saying I use in situations like this..

I love my house so I'll never cheat on my wife!

'Rekd teh life is good

p.s. now if you'll edit that mile long post, I won't have to put in manual CR/LFs... rolleyes.gif

[ 10-16-2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Didn't realize this would get such a response. As far as that job in my area goes I am not really qualified enough for it. Don't have that piece of paper they are looking for. Although I run circles around our college grads here. Everything I know has been learned in a shop not in a class room besides programming classes. As far as the details, not enough time today.....stay tuned!! cheers.gif

quote:

Yesterday was my 9 year anniversary.

Hey Rekd, me too! 13 years for us. tongue.gif Yesterday, I almost started a "How long have you been married?" thread.

quote:

I love my house so I'll never cheat on my wife!

When you're married, you leave your house and kiss your wife goodbye. When you're divorced, you leave your wife and kiss your house goodbye! biggrin.gif

Thad

[ 10-16-2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

Well nothing ventured nothing gained and it is all realtvie to how you apporach it. Do what I did at my last job they had a 5 axis machine I went in and said if I cant do the job you fire me. I went in and in one day I got my point across and was hired right there never done 5th axis before but I showed them I could and I did.

Crazy Millman

quote:

CALL ANYWAY

Definately. When i was around 20 or so i got a job by doing what millman said went in and kinda challenged them. started running b'ports in pop's shop round 15 but hard to sell that one to anyone.

Worked about two years and 80 % of us got laid of due to acquisition. was a little slow round town so i walked into newly managed office about 2-3 weeks later and told them i got "call back " notice from blah blah (bullshirt)and stayed another 1 1/2 years.

Sometime a little bull and alot of confidence can go along way ! wink.gif

When it comes to the job in my area pretty much the bottom line is I really do not want to move again. At 25 years old I have moved about 12 times to different towns. This is the third shop I have worked for and until recently I enjoyed it very much. I am the only one here that can fully operate our 2 Integrex's and the only one that knows how to use mastercam. This will blow over. I am a patient person. As for you out there that want details....I'll share. Lived with this girl for about 8 months and about a month ago things went sour. Caught her in alot of lies. Lies about things not worth lying about. Then there was the controlling and overbearing personality. I had asked her to move out for about 2 weeks to no avail. So finally one night I went out with a buddy of mine to a pool tournament, which I finished third in, and after stopped at a local bar on the way home. Just stopped in to say hello to some friends. Bumped into a girl I had not seen in a couple months and we hit it off. Never returned home until 7pm the next day. And when I did I got the crap slapped out of me. Surprisingly, never being in that kind of situation, being slapped around by a woman, I showed immense retraint and did not strike back. I called the cops to get her out of MY house and they made me leave even after she threatened my life right in front of them, because I would not press charges. WHEW!!! I probably could have handled some things differently, but nobody is perfect.