Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolbar states

TERRYH

OK getting very tired of messing with this, first let me start by saying we are still using MCX6. I am setting up a new PC to train someone and was wanting to setup all the toolbars exactly like mine so he could do stuff exactly like I show him without having it look different or in other places or steps to get to something. we copied my file to his PC, loaded and saved it and all looked good but when we shut it down and restart it, it goes back to the default toolbars, and it no longer shows in the box to even load it again. and we did check the default box. And yes I even opened the ? button and read the instructions. real close to getting a dead blow hammer and fixing it. :realmad:  :realmad:  :realmad:

OK getting very tired of messing with this, first let me start by saying we are still using MCX6. I am setting up a new PC to train someone and was wanting to setup all the toolbars exactly like mine so he could do stuff exactly like I show him without having it look different or in other places or steps to get to something. we copied my file to his PC, loaded and saved it and all looked good but when we shut it down and restart it, it goes back to the default toolbars, and it no longer shows in the box to even load it again. and we did check the default box. And yes I even opened the ? button and read the instructions. real close to getting a dead blow hammer and fixing it. :realmad:  :realmad:  :realmad:

If you're using X6, and you copied over the mcamx.config (or mcamxm.config), the path might be hard-coded to look at C:\users\<YOUR username, not HIS!>\documents\my mcamx6\config\mcamx.config.    If you edit that file or use Settings > Config to change the mtb file path, it'll probably fix you right up.

Did you rename the toolbar another name than the "out of the box" name? I think it's mastercam.mtb. If you did you have to set it to the new file name in the configuration

• 1 month later...

I just had this happen to me.  Do you know what the issue was.  Mastercam was working fine this morning, I go out to run the wire for a few hours and come back to the same double arrows on my toolbar.  It also gave me a config file message. Something about can't connect.

• 5 months later...

If you're using X6, and you copied over the mcamx.config (or mcamxm.config), the path might be hard-coded to look at C:\users\<YOUR username, not HIS!>\documents\my mcamx6\config\mcamx.config.    If you edit that file or use Settings > Config to change the mtb file path, it'll probably fix you right up.

I ran into the same thing when I copied my config file for another user for his computer.  It would not work.  But when I opened up the text of the config file I saw my computer name in the file...easy fix.