Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 RADIUS MILL!!

Tinyfxds

Building a radius mill in X9 is AMAZING!!  The tool tip is no longer linked to the radius.  You can have whatever size radius and whatever diameter flat on the tool and it doesn't matter! (within reason) Finally.  Thank you for making this much easier and less frustrating.

• Like 5

have you checked out thread mill.... and high feed?

I have not checked out the thread mill stuff yet.  I"m just playing around with X9 right now.  I've been opening up files that I've posted in X8 with X9 and reposting them to make sure everything looks the same.  I'll probably make the switch to X9 in another month or two

My personal favorite new addition so far is the SFM and IPT in the tools, makes setting / adjusting feedrates so much easier..

Oh shiznit! I have been wanting this!

I haven't downloaded it yet, has any one noticed improvements in stock recogniton? I Want to set stock one time and forget it And have every tool path respect it.

I Want to set stock one time and forget it And have every tool path respect it.

Really?  Even 2D tool paths based solely on wireframe, that have no association to anything?

How would they even recognize anything?

Did we not think that statement through completely?  

You're new around here aren't you?  :)

Really?  Even 2D tool paths based solely on wireframe, that have no association to anything?

How would they even recognize anything?

Did we not think that statement through completely?  

You're new around here aren't you?  :)

----- He may mean at minimum just 3-d paths JP, even I got that one.... ROR!!

He MAY want it to work like Powermill.  :sofa:

start a stock model and forget about it, or better yet not having to select geometry separately

for every single path, when a change in geometry occurs in a solid. it just knows

how to calculate and handles rest machining, superbly, before creating the path. ;)

Cant wait for X9, hearing good things.

----- He may mean at minimum just 3-d paths JP, even I got that one.... ROR!!

Thank you, I did mean that. I am new around here and I'm used to Esprit which does exactly what I want.

Define stock,

3d path,

3d path,

2d path,

3d path <--- this emeffer knows that 2d path stock is gone.

Want esprit screen shots?

Cant wait for X9, hearing good things.

Really if they don't do a MU like X8 then you won't be able to use it correct? I believe your company policy is must have a MU before you are allowed to move to that version. Mid 2016 your company might get back to a current version of Mastercam? Yeah I can be a wise acker as well. :unworthy: :unworthy:

• Like 1

Thank you, I did mean that. I am new around here and I'm used to Esprit which does exactly what I want.

Define stock,

3d path,

3d path,

2d path,

3d path <--- this emeffer knows that 2d path stock is gone.

Want esprit screen shots?

Not necessary, contact CNC directly and see if they are even humoring

that type of enhancement.

the New CNC forum is the best place to get some kind of answer as to if

and when they plan on that type of enhancement.

I think i am installing X9 at home this week end just to see how many more advancements

there are or if they at minimum cleaned up the X8 left over issues that missed the last update.

Really if they don't do a MU like X8 then you won't be able to use it correct? I believe your company policy is must have a MU before you are allowed to move to that version. Mid 2016 your company might get back to a current version of Mastercam? Yeah I can be a wise acker as well. :unworthy: :unworthy:

I already brought that up ;)

Yeah, thats what i like about you, totally because my hands are tied to learn the new releases and

workarounds..... :)

But if i can find the time to prove, say X9, on my limited time on weekends, i just may be able to

convince my company otherwise about the protocol, if CNC indeed kills it with a more than reasonable

stable release.

• Like 1

I already brought that up ;)

Yeah, thats what i like about you, totally because my hands are tied to learn the new releases and

workarounds..... :)

But if i can find the time to prove, say X9, on my limited time on weekends, i just may be able to

convince my company otherwise about the protocol, if CNC indeed kills it with a more than reasonable

stable release.

If they do have a stable release with X9 that will be two in a row. I have to say X8 is far better than any other release to date. That might be something else to convince the powers that be.

Rick, been using X8 only for some time. I have not gone to full X9 since most of our customers are still in older versions. We have been dragging most to X8 kicking and screaming. Funny everyone that got over the difference have liked X8. Are they 100% happy with X8? Nope, but they were also not 100% happy before X8 either so take it with a grain of salt. Purely from a GI it is one of the nicest looking versions I have seen since I started using back in V7. I use <AppLook>"3"</AppLook> and have been very happy with that.

As many may or may not like change it had to happen. It did and once all the dust settles hopefully everyone will be back to helping move it in a good direction.

Rick, been using X8 only for some time. I have not gone to full X9 since most of our customers are still in older versions. We have been dragging most to X8 kicking and screaming. Funny everyone that got over the difference have liked X8. Are they 100% happy with X8? Nope, but they were also not 100% happy before X8 either so take it with a grain of salt. Purely from a GI it is one of the nicest looking versions I have seen since I started using back in V7. I use <AppLook>"3"</AppLook> and have been very happy with that.

As many may or may not like change it had to happen. It did and once all the dust settles hopefully everyone will be back to helping move it in a good direction.

Ron, I will send you  pm reply later. (the look, doesnt bother me at all, i have it set up nicely)

for no particular reason, cept I respect you enuf to keep any further comments from certain trolls :)

:oldforumcheers:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I would just like to say that radius tools are better but still not what they should be. Radius tools are not always ground from tan to tan most have a slight extension to the pilot or a taper. The outside diameter just as the pilot should not be controlled by what size radius you have.  I have radius tool .1 pilot .125 rad outside diameter .375 so in X9 you still can't define that tool properly without making a custom tool.