Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stollen Hasp

chad fisher

Look folks

Lets get real here for a second.Hasp hanging in the back unguarded, un-protected is like saying

COME TAKE ME AWAY!....Look ,,,,Wire all hasp to a lockdown room or mini vault with alarm..entry keys or codes to 2plp only......Problem solved this will at least stop the grab & RUN thief

DONT TRUST ANYBODY(ok YOur mom you can trust)

;)Peace out

We work here in enviroment that is really relaxed and for most part very trusting. Most of us have never locked our tool boxes up. In some places i would worry but not here..................till now.

What we are going to do is buy a hasp for every station "6" and there is seven of us that use them, so we are going to assign a hasp to these people, "someone will share" and its your xxxx to protect it and no more hanging off the back. Thanks for the concern guys!

p.s. calm down hardmill biggrin.gif

quote:

File a police report and grill nobody

It's not worth the suspicion or bad feelings attached to such accusations

I would still break each finger till someone talks. I am at work to make money and do something I love, not make friends with the people that have no direct effect on my job. I wont take the fall for anyone, and in turn, anyone that jeopordizes my workplace security is gonna get some things to deal with.

But thats just me.

Good luck Chad, I hope you get to the bottom of this.

I took a job at a shop in Anaheim a couple of years ago. I was suppossed to start on Monday.

Over the weekend I found out they were running

4 cracked seats of Mastercam. I called them Monday

morning and told them I wouldn't be coming in.

I turned them in, but I don't know what happened after that.

There is so much crack out there now, that

I check with my dealer before I send a resume.

Hi all,

Just gotta ask what anybody would do with a Stolen Hasp since you need the Authorization/Activation Code to activate the Software as well as a CD. And that means contacting a Dealer/Reseller who would question where the Hasp came from.

Wouldn't the Hasp basically be worthless to the KNOTHEAD who took it ?

quote:

Wouldn't the Hasp basically be worthless to the KNOTHEAD who took it ?

Its already activated and will work on any computer that has the correct version of Mastercam

installed on it. Hopefully sometime in the future

someone will try to upgrade it tongue.gif .

Predator has a good feature with their HASP.

Aside from the HASP, you need a 16 digit serial

nummber and a 32 digit access number. You have to

have those numbers to run the HASP on a different machine. Without them a stolen HASP is worthless.

quote:

Just gotta ask what anybody would do with a Stolen Hasp since you need the Authorization/Activation Code to activate the Software as well as a CD.

Not so sure about this Jim.

We only had to use the "activation" codes after the 30 days were up and the check cleared. tongue.gif

The only other times you have to use them is when purchasing add on software.

Other than that,the sim will stay activated.