Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A success story

Its great to get out of the stone age with new Tech and new Machines. but Some bean counters just do not get it. you drag them kicking and screaming to the show they dont want to see then when you get to show them they say why didn't you tell me about this stuff sooner !

At least some do anyway .

:cheers:

Way to go G

as an official old guy who started his carreer on old leather belt driven WW2 vintage bench lathes and shapers,,

the fact that they can build machine tools that powerful, that fast and that accurate is just plain amazing.

the physics involved in a rigid tapping cycle moving at those feeds and speeds is mind boggling

• Like 1

That is a great example of modern technology coming together. I'm a big fan of Sandvik Coromant. I've always found their level of expertise, and technical backup, combined with the quality and performance of their toolholders and cutting tools second to none.

Out of curiosity g, what machine was that cut on? (Now that I have seen your shop :)

That is a great example of modern technology coming together. I'm a big fan of Sandvik Coromant. I've always found their level of expertise, and technical backup, combined with the quality and performance of their toolholders and cutting tools second to none.

Out of curiosity g, what machine was that cut on? (Now that I have seen your shop :) )

Okuma MU-1000 of course..

We've had it 2 years now... and it still makes me shake my head in wonder some days

• Like 2

I wasn't all that impressed on the video with the 6 inch cutter on 4140.

that demo was shot on the machine we bought

when I went to Charlotte it was still set up and they ran a pass for me

It's much more impressive in person, but not nearly as cool as the stuff

I'm doing with it 2 years later

that demo was shot on the machine we bought

when I went to Charlotte it was still set up and they ran a pass for me

It's much more impressive in person, but not nearly as cool as the stuff

I'm doing with it 2 years later

Yeah, I know its a hell of a machine.

I wouldn't want to pay your electric bill :hrhr:

I suspect it's brutal

We have 150k square feet of air conditioned manufacturing space

and a fleet of VTL's pulling up to 200 horse power

A man could live large on our monthly power bill

• Like 1

I suspect it's brutal

Our Production shop has 140,000 sq ft with 30 CNC machines. None as big as the ones you got though. That building is used only for production parts.

I suspect it's brutal

You are still using electric company utilities? You could be running all of those VTL's off of solar powered Tesla batteries.

You are still using electric company utilities? You could be running all of those VTL's off of solar powered Tesla batteries.

by the time Governor Moonbeam is done, we'll probably be running a herd of rats in treadmills

What a waste of space.

We have 2k sq feet and 11 cnc's and a cmm and a canteen :rolleyes:

It was more than they needed but gave them plenty of room for expansion. Personally I have never been in it. A few years back when it was a plastics plant a worker went in and killed 6 persons including self and I don't like bad Ju Ju. :no