Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Tap Drill Calculator Freeware

Rekd™

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone asked if it was possible to launch this from the MasterCAM toolbar.

The answer is yes. You'll need to create a new VBScript, with this..

code:

Const THE_FILE = "C:TapDrillCalculator.exe"

ShellAndWait THE_FILE, False

Then save it, and modify the toolbar via Screen/Config, and point to that VB script. If you don't have 9.1, you can't do it.

'Rekd

:edit:

You'll need to change the path to match yours.. wink.gif

:/edit:

[ 12-12-2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I've got a spreadsheet that calcs depth for 60 deg centerdrills to a target diameter, speed-n-feed, and altered feed rates for milling ODs, IDs, and rotary axis degrees per minute from feed per tooth values.

Would your Rekdness be interested in grabbing the math from it for another SWEET standalone calc??? cool.gif

Hey Rekd You can ride with me the non drinker to West Tec. It would be cool to have company to and from. We went to the Christmas Party tonight stayed for a little while and think I should go back and drive soem of them home. I like you cool things Rekd I am assuming you have already made all you button shortcuts in Mastercam to these cool toys. I like your graphical button interfaces soemthing I was thinking of for Posts.

Crazy Millman

Would your Rekdness be interested in grabbing the math from it for another SWEET standalone calc???

I missed the centerdrill part the first read around. I'd love a copy of it. (I have a chart that was made via trial and error 15 years ago, but doubt it's very accurate, and I don't know where it's at any more...)

Millman, Lemme find out what day(s) we're going, and if he's already planned the transportation.

The MachineCalc app is very dirty, doesn't save settings, and is written in such a way that additions/modifications may be a bit of a challenge, but if anyone's interested, I'll post a link. It all works, it's just kinda clumsy. (Was like the 3rd thing I ever did in VB.

'Rekd

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...