Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Optirough HS toolpath - impressive

Newbeeee™

Everytime we use the optirough (and we do a lot), it's impressive.

But we don't cut that much stainless as we're predominantly an ally shop.

So we had 3x similar jobs, all 1offs from 303 stainless (yes I know that's free machining :rolleyes:).

Piccy attached.

Billet 7.5" dia x 1.5 thick.

Chuck holding underneath - machine complete.

Reverse in vice holding across flange (.2 thick) and finish flat top. Slot through is .25 wide.

Optirough the 1st side and optirough the excess on the second - 5flute Garr running at S5000 F3000, stepover 1mm.

Tool still looked new after.

Cycle time 1hr.

post-16211-0-35341000-1449855819_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I used to work with an instrument builder who would (quite frequently) tighten up screws 'till they went slack, then 1/4 turn back.

They never came out because they were loctited...

I once had an employee that came to me with a screw head that had broken off.  He said he thought he might have over tightened it, and he was serious :censored::realmad:.  After that I bought him a torque wrench and he came to me with the wrench and a busted off screw head and said the wrench didn't work right.  I didn't realize I needed to train him on how to use a torque wrench???  :shock:

I once had an employee that came to me with a screw head that had broken off.  He said he thought he might have over tightened it, and he was serious :censored::realmad:.  After that I bought him a torque wrench and he came to me with the wrench and a busted off screw head and said the wrench didn't work right.  I didn't realize I needed to train him on how to use a torque wrench???  :shock:

I think thats funny, but only because we have one of those at our shop.  One of those meaning the person. ;P