Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT: How many hours did you work last year?

Thad

Man you guys have worked some hours I've only got 2200 in this year and probably none for this year not very busy at all I don't like that hopefully it will pick up that or I'm just getting to fast at what I do. me say working my self out of work:(

Far be it for me to tell anyone what to do. I wouldn't assume that arrogance.

It seems to me that you guys work too much. Life is too short to spend it all at work. Especially if you have kids. Take them to a movie, go camping, paddle a canoe, show them how to bait a hook. Just get out and enjoy life.

There is an old saying "work to live don't live to work".

No offence is meant by this post. I am just concerned you spend too much time at work.

Phil

For me about 2100 hrs

quote:

There is an old saying "work to live don't live to work

+1 philcott i used to spend to much time at work but after having kids 10 years ago i limited it to about 8 to 10 othours a week and definitly no SATURDAYS i live on a lake and thats lake day... fishing , boating ,swiming ,and ice skating soon... i know to most of you your boss dosnt like to hear no saturdays but thats how i hired in and i dont budge ill stay late mon to friday to get the job done but after friday bye bye see you monday biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...a job...that would allow you to take Saturdays off...

Pffffttt... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I'll work every once in a while but NOT every Saturday. I'm salary though. I'd rather put in 12's during the week (same as working 6 10's). Only if I were facing unemployment would I allow a situation like that in my life. I have a life outside of work thankyou very much. Of course I'm up front about that before I even hire on.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...6 hour Saturdays are the RULE...

That's good to know in case I move some day. I know where NOT to go.

In my opinion overtime sucks. It's a convenient way for the company to say you're well paid when in reality you're a slave to your job not making squat.

+1 to chris

round here there's no such thing as 40hr weeks unless you work for a dunp that cant get work, or you do redundant production.

quote:

It's a convenient way for the company to say you're well paid when in reality you're a slave to your job not making squat.

hhhmmm

nope, good guess tho wink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Perhaps i should have said it a bit different.

How about it's a good way for the company to say you're making 70k a year when really 20k of it is OT and should not "count".

JM2C

2435 hrs (-/+ 7.5)

The overtime is mandatory, but we are allowed to get someone to fill in for us if we don't want it. Thanks be to the young ones!

I'm getting too old for the hours I used to have to work. 11.5hrs a day for 7 days a week for 45 weeks.

But on the plus side, I also got 8 weeks vacation last year.