Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SpacePilot finally went kaput this morning

?Mark

Looking for a replacement...I already got jitters working without one so I borrowed a space navigator from a coworker until I bring mine from home, lol.

You don't know how dependent you are until you are left without one  :laughing:

What's on your desk? I like SpaceMouse Pro...leaning towards smaller unit.

They have a new model out now that looks pretty sweet

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacemouse/spacemouse-enterprise.html

I'm running a Space Pilot Pro and work and a SpaceMouse Pro at home

Can't say I prefer one over the other.. I don't use all the bells and whistles on the  Space Pilot Pro

and I don't know if I'd use them on the new Space Pilot Enterprise, though it's supposed to have

new app switching technology that works better than previous units

SpacePilot here... I've been eyeing up the new SpacePilot Pro, but can't see spending the $ while this one is still working so well... what a great company... these things are really built to last.

back in the day I bought a SpaceBall, one of their first 3D devices

I hooked it up and couldn't get the hang of it.

It sat for 9 months or so until I took another shot at it and finally learned to use it.

It took a while, but I was so ham fisted at first that I damaged the ball's linkage

By that time I was way past the warranty period.

I called them about getting it repaired.

They shipped me a brand new one and even paid shipping for the new one and return shipping on the broken one.

They earned themselves a customer for life

• Like 1

Agreed, they're built like a tank. Can't imagine working without one also.

I'm not a big fan of all the bells and whistles. Reaching to some buttons is awkward. Honestly, The little "hockey puck" space navigator does most of what I need, but is few buttons short

Agreed, they're built like a tank. Can't imagine working without one also.

I'm not a big fan of all the bells and whistles. Reaching to some buttons is awkward. Honestly, The little "hockey puck" space navigator does most of what I need, but is few buttons short

You'd probably be happy with the SpaceMouse Pro then... or if you're feeling flush, the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless

• Like 1

I have a Space Navigator that I've been using for 10yr, I've worn the tactile over mold off the controller.

Downloaded the latest drivers a while back for the radial menu.

I'll probably replace it with a wireless.

You'd probably be happy with the SpaceMouse Pro then... or if you're feeling flush, the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless

Leaning towards wireless, but the rechargeable battery is build in (Lithium-ion polymer battery).

Not sure if the battery is going to last as long as the controller itself...

Mark the Space Mouse Pro Wireless I have in my office to use with the big screen for training. had sense before it went to the public really nice unit. battery life so fare is good how long of a file time not sure we offer 3 year warranty if purchased from a certified re-seller.

I use for my laptops for onsite I use the Space Mouse Wireless been a great unit just right amount of weight so it dose not move around.

for the desk I now use the Space Mouse Enterprise Kit and really like this.

you can see I really hate not having one.

post-1097-0-47459200-1467226730_thumb.jpg

Mark the Space Mouse Pro Wireless I have in my office to use with the big screen for training. had sense before it went to the public really nice unit. battery life so fare is good how long of a file time not sure we offer 3 year warranty if purchased from a certified reseller.

I use for my laptops for onsite I use the Space Mouse Wireless been a great unit just right amount of weight so it dose not move around.

for the desk I now use the Space Mouse Enterprise Kit and really like this.

you can see I really hat not having one.

so how do you like the new Space Pilot Enterprise

Quite a collection! 

Are you a re-seller? I currently use 3rd from the left (broke today) and the one in the upper right corner.

Mark,

I have one exactly like your old one that I have not used in the last few years. $50 and she is yours. I live out of a backpack and laptop so I have gotten use to not having one. I do occasionally use the mobile version (far top right of Jay's pic), but very rarely use that one too. I get tiered of seeing it sit there on my book shelf.