Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MORI SEIKI NV5000 POST

jbreth

So was this you laying off someone here Jbel?

Jbel Slam

Enough said about that.

But incase you want to see soem of my favorite people comments here you go: Past Free Askers Comments

Crazy Millman my sause is hot choclate how about you?

Roger I ask this about you sir. Are you in the business to make money? How fair is it to you the person that most people come to looking for a post to have other memebers here give them away. I am gald he is a user but would it be cool for me to come in here and ask for a almost $3000 dollar post for my new machine that I just got. I have spent the last 6 week working on my post. I think if I shoudl eb buying it from you and someone gave it to me out rigth that is not fair. I also say go into any business that is doing soemthing special or where a company has somethign that si their own and say please let me have that or share that with me for free and give me the ability to make alot money off fo your hard work and see what they say.

When I got the 2 HAAS machines I came in here and asked for sample code and got that not a complete post.

[ 01-13-2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it's amazing how much tension there is over this. Not once did I say, hint, insinuate, or use subliminal messaging to encrourage someone to give him a post that cost them money either via dollars or hours. PERIOD. I did say there is no free lunch. If someone wants a highly customized post it will cost them regardless of who customizes it. Jbreth, along with many others, made a mistake and asked for a post. Direct the member to the FAQ and let them respond before the "no free post" hitmen open fire. I brought it to everyone's attention he was a legitimate Mastercam user so the piracy issue was out the window. I truly think that Jbreth, along with many people who come in here and ask for a post who are not pirates, was just trying to be pro active and made a honest mistake that they didn't even know they made. But it's a open forum, open fire or send him a post you spent $1000.00 on...

later...

Hello flamers and freeloaders,

Since this post issue seems to be a constantly recuring theme I thought I'd try to initiate a change in direction in this thread. What is a long term solution to people coming into this forum and, through ignorance or intention, looking for free posts. I wonder if this forum page needs a post processor link in plain sight, right up beside the search link. How about it webby? The often mentioned faq regarding posts could be stated at the top followed by a list of machines/controls directing the user to threads regarding that machine as well as a list of forum users emails willing to sell their post processors.

Any requests for free posts could be directed to a post specific forum where the freeloaders would get their facts straight and the newbies would get the help they're looking for. Flaming is fun and all, but I think it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of new forum users not familiar with the Mastercam culture and may indirectly create bad PR for CNC Software (although very indirectly).

Any suggestions?

steve

Jbel just so you know all is good here. I have no hard feeling for anything said here just so you and who ever else reads this knows. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I wish that you guys who have the respect and love type of reaction for this would have been there for the comapines I worked at coming up through the ranks. I look at it this way. Suck it up take the mistake as just that and say opps my bad and things would go so different but to then coem back and be a mean spirted person then you get what you get. If you are not smart enough to see this place for the place and not the one tiem you come here an do something worng then that is your fault not mine. I came in here and said and did stupid thing my first couple posting. Guess what still here. Why is this well it is because this is a greta place with great emember is why. It also has to do alot with my character and being able to person enough to sya opps my mistkae all is god and go from there. If you want to be short minded enough to not give yourself the best thing for you and your company as a place like this then that saya alot more about you not me or this place!!!!!!!

Crazy Millman

[ 01-14-2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Although I've changed the top 'sticky' topic and suggested 'Rule #1: Don't ask for a Post", I don't see all that much harm in this particular instance of the question. I interpret the question as a search on the availability of a post, or information regarding what had to be done to get it developed, or even nuggets of wisdom that may help jbreth develop one on his own. I don't see this direclty as a request for a free post.

Example positive reply:

"Oh yes - our dealer developed one for us, and may be willing to sell it to you through your own local dealer. We put plenty of time into it ourselves, but I'm willing to allow you to gain from our hard work, in order to help another MCer, and contributing forum member, all in the name of community."

[ 01-15-2004, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]