Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

To: Mastercam

aft

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I really give flying crap. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif He is already going to CNC software about our comments so what. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif They don't pay my bills or run my life. If people dont like me here then close my account and I will come back as the A??hole Millman is all. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Crazy Millman

[ 01-14-2004, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

quote:

He is already going to CNc software about our comments so what.

OMG!!! rolleyes.gif

Crying to the Big Dogs.......

Aft.... tongue.gif

Good grief lighten up ...you are acting like....like.....

*****throws up hands******

You are the one who started this stuff in the first place with your pissy post.

Did you think you could come in here and throw insults around and not get razzed??

Heck, you dont even have the nerve to comment on your own post....

You could just as easily e-mailed your comments to CNC. But NOOOOOOOO.....you want to insult everyone and then cry about it when people dont lay down for you.

If you cant run with the Big Dog's.......STAY ON THE PORCH.......

Murlin

I like the idea of a block user button.

When you check block user it blocks you.

Censorship!

I dont know about the rest of the dealers, but the forum has sure helped to take a bite out of tech support calls (Trevor's neighbors are sure glad of that!) Thats one reason why we come here and offer help. The other reason is I like the characters in here. And you will to AFT. Wen its 7:16pm and that job has to be out by morning these guys will get you through.

Many online forums have an Ignore feature.

It is not censorship, it allows one user to ignore

another user who's posts he doesn't want to read.

If Joe Blow puts gcode on Ignore, that means

that Joe Blow can no longer see my posts. Everyone

else can still see them.(unless everybody puts me on ignore) eek.gif

I spend time on stock chat boards and I've got half the forum on Ignore cause they're idiots and not worth my time.

I don't think we need an Ignore button here, though a few people seem to disagree with that.

The forum has gotten a little sidetracked lately.

Once MC X comes out we'll have pleny of MC stuff to talk about biggrin.gif

[ 01-14-2004, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Gcode,

I think the collective minds here have just about all the answers to V9. So we have had alot of Ot's lately.

Something we've been kicking around is some sort of mastercam rodeo. Different things like tech support, modeling from a print. Toolpathing etc.

I know ther's alot of egos here, goes with territory. So whoever won certain challenges would get bragging rights till next time round.

We just havent figured out how to pull it off yet.

Ideas?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

A Mastercam rodeo sounds like fun, but during the

day my boss kind of expects me to work on HIS stuff.

+1

But, I wanna do stuff like that from home!!!!

I think we're all just waiting for "X Marks The Spot" biggrin.gif

Gcode,

If you won one of the events then your boss could market that.

But that is one of our concerns also. It would have to be setup so that everyone could particpate that wanted to.(Maybe on a saturday?)

Being in front of MC or not some of the events would work. The others.. Dont know, but I can hear James's mind racing all the way over here in the carolinas

C'mom AFT,

Your missing the best part of the forum!

-one day your getting INVALUABLE Mastercam tips from a member... saving you hours, days, jobs, & lots of $$$$$. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

-the next day your in a political debate/battle with the exact same forum members, and ready to strangle them. mad.gifmad.gif

-the third day you realize that both your kids and the forum member[savior/nemisis] watch the same kids show... tongue.giftongue.gif ....and it's all good again!

going through the THICK AND THIN of it all makes for truly a GREAT forum with a hell-of-a-lot more community spirit and compassion than I bet is in your own neighborhood! cheers.gif

man that's mushy sounding!

quote:

If you won one of the events then your boss could market that.

When my boss brings people though the shop he points out the 2 empty CATIA stations and never

even mentions the 6 Mastercam stations getting his parts built mad.gif The big shots from the prime contractors still think MC is Bobcad or something. My boss won't even admit that he uses it. mad.gifmad.gif

Gcode,

Sorry to hear that. I have alot of customers that have "high end" systems that got MC to program, and wont admit to coorporate that the "high dollar" system they wanted doesnt work.

One company that has a "high end" system contracts us to program parts in MC cause they cant do it.

Still, how do you think a MC Rodeo could be done with forum members? If you cant participate then you can be a judge.(Where do I send that check?)

Maybe its not a good idea since everyone would be competing for second place if I sign up.

Jimmy teh humble