Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T For all you hawks out there

Nominal

I put a video (mpg) file on the ftp site under unspecified uploads. It's called 224helicopterkills.mpg. It's video you probably wont see on CNN. It's a gunsight view from an Apache helicopter in Iraq, picking up a few hostiles who are attempting to man some kinda battery. Needless to say they picked a bad night to do it. Enjoy. cheers.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent looked on the site but it sounds like what was on discovery the other night, two guys in a truck meet a guy in a jeep one runs out and sets down an lpg and to make a long story short they all get wacked, it was kewl cause where the gunner looks the gun aims the cross hairs are actually in his helmet.The press wanted to know why so many rounds the poor ba$%#rds were like disgrinegrated the gunner said its the smallest weaponn on board and they were almost a half mile away.50 caliber biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

WOW eek.gifeek.gif

Notice how the thermal sight picks up the heat of the big chunks. I started to feel sorry for the guys and then I thought about the pregnant woman who jumped from the World Trade Tower, the young soldiers blown to pieces by roadside bombs, and the babies gassed by Sadam. mad.gif

Then I didn't feel so sorry for them anymore. Pi$$ on 'em.

[ 01-14-2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

The guy to the left is pulling out something. At first I thought it was a bandoleer of machine gun ammo, but now it looks more like cloth; maybe something to hide the equipment; or a huge piece of toilet paper -given the circumstances.

I would be interested in hearing why this was a target. Sadam did hide a lot of miltary equipment in civilian surroundings; like hospitals, schools, mosque, etc.

Anyone have any other info on this?

Nomex undies... Check

Tungsten leisure suit... Check

There are two guys walking toward a farm tractor. The bouncy one gets to drive, so he's pretty excited. He runs across five swaths of freshly turned soil. (you can see the way each swath fads in IR brightnes further from the tractor) The old man gets up out of the seat, puts his right hand on the fender of the cab-less tractor (ahead of the rear facing implement light) turns right, and makes the long step to the ground. He walks away and gets blown up. Pan back to Jr., who's got his head 4ft from the tractor engine putting on an extra jacket, and or pants, doesn't see or hear what happens to the old dude. He gets blown up.

See the very white vertical object? That's the hot muffler coming out of the left side of the tractor hood. Also notice the warm transmission of the tractor between the rear wheels. The implement is angled and shifted to the left side of the tractor, moldboard plow perhaps? The turned earth is clearly visible behind and right up to the implement, not in front of it.

Sorry to say guys, this ain't Osama Bin-Ladin. This is Hemusta Bin-Farmin. They might have been father-rapers in their spare time, but this night their swords were plowshears. Please stop gloating.

And yes I have one heck of a lot of tractor seat time at night.

Hey Milhouse, help me check out the new nutcup. In other words, bring it on. I'll still love ya if you light my fire.

Harryman,

I've gotta say, you make some good points, and I hope you're wrong, but the facts look on your side.

I've been impressed how much the US troops have tried hard as hell to keep down civillian casualties; sometimes to the fatal detriment of themselves.

I can't imagine the pilots shooting without good cause. There may be facts we don't know about (like the truck was full of RPG's), or it could be just the fog of war (in the heat of battle, it's easy to mistake something innocent for something lethal, and visa versa).

If anyone hears more, let me know.

Yes you do make some good points Harryman. Without getting into a debate about the justification of the Iraqi conflict I do need to make two points about this video.

1. The U.S. millitary is far too savvy and efficient at shaping public opinion to release a video that depicted a sensless slaughter.

2. Saddam Hussein was found in a farmhouse where he was hidden, fed and protected by Bathist "farmer" loyalists.

Although we may be able to partly identify with these "farmers" we know nothing about this video except that there was some agricultural equipment in the immediate shot at the time it was shot.