Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

extended chuck jaws for 8 " chuck

Roger

Thanks for the links.  I looked at those sites, and several others, but could not find any that would work. So I made my own. :smoke:

attachicon.gifIMG_20170302_170149084_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170302_170103067_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled 2.jpg

They work GREAT!

I have done the same in the past. We made up a 100 sets of jaws one time at one shop in our slow time. We saved about 50% per jaw making them ourselves, but that was over 25 years ago before places started stocking them like they do now.

Way we used to do it was to edm up a 60 degree "broaching" tool, that had 7 or so teeth. Broach in the Y axis on an old vmc, while machining the rest of the profile. Only taking a small step down, but doing 6 teeth at once, with one tooth overlap. 

• Like 2